playing games on the screen

3dscaptureforum

playing games on the screen

Post by 3dscaptureforum » Thu May 28, 2015 6:43 pm

I know this seems like a silly question, but can you actually view the games in real time on the computer monitor using the video capture software, or is the delay too much to make that possible.

I kind of assumed you would be able to, but after reading this artical on eurogamer they said you can't really view the screen at all due to lag.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... mod-review

There's clearly a noticeable amount of latency (anything up to 100ms by our estimate) in the on-screen image.

For those looking to run Vita gameplay on a larger screen, the product isn't really flexible or responsive enough.

I know that was for vita, and with katsukity card, maybe this card is different.

triple_lei

Re: playing games on the screen

Post by triple_lei » Thu May 28, 2015 7:22 pm

Honestly, the lag is fine, unless you're playing Tetris like this guy.

I made a video of my Vita connected to my laptop connected to my TV here, and while it's not a 60 fps video, I think it gets the point across for both Katsukity and loopy products. You wouldn't want to play any fighting games, shooters, or platformers, but for just about anything else, you can watch on a monitor instead.

TheBattleProductions

Post by TheBattleProductions » Thu May 28, 2015 7:46 pm

I never really experienced lag with my 3DS capture on the monitor. It is a little behind, but it is barely noticeable. I played Smash on my 3ds watching my computer screen and played just fine with no problems. It didn't affect me much on how I played. My card is from Loopy. I am not sure about Katsukity's cards but I bet they perform about the same. The only difference I see between loopy's card and Katsukity's card is that Loopy's cards are more durable and last long. I guess if you look at the software, Katsukity has DRM on his software, but if you are looking at performance they both should run fine.

3dscaptureforum

Post by 3dscaptureforum » Thu May 28, 2015 8:44 pm

hmmm, not so sure after seeing that input lag video.

I'll have to think on the situation then, is there a video of someone playing a game to test input lag, maybe a video where you can see both the 3ds and the monitor

i see there is another thread on this

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=502

sorry about that i didn's know what to search for, 'input lag' would have ben the obvious thing I guess.

is the lag due to sending video over USB, would having HDMI out on the 3DS capture card not solve that?

I'm also a bit concerned about what you said about not playing fighting, shooting or platformers, lol that is a lot of games.

I know people use this to record playthroughs, but my only interest was to play games on my monitor instead of the 3ds screen.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Fri May 29, 2015 8:51 am

I wouldn't want to play Smash on my monitor, but games like Fire Emblem work just fine.

To some extent I think extra delay is going to be based on how good your computer is (and your monitor, too).

3dscaptureforum

Post by 3dscaptureforum » Fri May 29, 2015 3:37 pm

can I double check is there no way to increase the resolution of the image from 400x240 to a higher resolution that your PC can do.

I wouldn't expect it, but I wanted to check.

I haven't bought this item yet, I only wanted it to play games on a monitor instead of the 3ds screen,but its looking less likely that that would be a good idea.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Fri May 29, 2015 4:58 pm

It isn't and never will be possible to increase the resolution itself, but you can scale up the window to make it bigger.