SOLD OUT

desocietas

Re: SOLD OUT

Post by desocietas » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:30 am

MrGamecube17 wrote:I noticed that you are not "Katsukity." Listen, I read your post that you were taking a break but it's July and I REALLY need a 3Ds Capture Card. Please contact me as soon as you can to let me know when you can expect to have more capture cards ready to be installed. Katsukity robbed me: I waited 2 months for a capture card from them and never got it. Luckily I was able to get my money reimbursed through Pay Pal. If possible can you send me an email to calococo@cox.net for an update on the capture card installations? It would really mean a lot.
Best regards,
MrGamecube17
There are many others waiting just like you. He'll let us know.

kickzngigglez

Post by kickzngigglez » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:03 am

I nearly caved in after waiting half a year but then katsukity told me he had a backlog 3 months. I think I'm more willing to wait another 6 months for a quality product than wait 3 months for a product that'd probably wouldn't last 3 months. I'm not expecting Loopy to be done in 6 months, but figured he'd have an update by then at least. Also I was wondering if the idea of a PSVita capture crossed your mind loopy. I'm always looking for new things to record and play.

Xanek

Post by Xanek » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:22 am

Has he given any kind of updates since Jan 20th on the status of capture board installation?
I don't want to resort to katsukity due to the review and lifetime of the boards...

From what I can see he hasn't given any information on the status of the cards since Jan 20th is that correct?
and from last year he says he "does have" 2ds and New 3DS capture boards...

So if he does start installing them again, he should be able to install the New 3DS capture board on a Japan N3DS correct?

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:59 am

Xanek wrote:Has he given any kind of updates since Jan 20th on the status of capture board installation?
So if he does start installing them again, he should be able to install the New 3DS capture board on a Japan N3DS correct?
There shouldn't be any difference between installing for a Japanese or NA New 3DS, I'd assume. Region was not important for the regular 3DS installs.

kildon

Post by kildon » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:08 am

Xanek wrote: So if he does start installing them again, he should be able to install the New 3DS capture board on a Japan N3DS correct?
Sadly, it really has become "if" rather than "when". I'm still hopeful, though...

Xanek

Post by Xanek » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:55 pm

desocietas wrote:
Xanek wrote:Has he given any kind of updates since Jan 20th on the status of capture board installation?
There shouldn't be any difference between installing for a Japanese or NA New 3DS, I'd assume. Region was not important for the regular 3DS installs.
Well the NA New 3DS we only have the XL, I have the japanese New 3DS, the smaller one, didn't know if that would affect him being able to install it or not.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Xanek wrote:
desocietas wrote:
Well the NA New 3DS we only have the XL, I have the japanese New 3DS, the smaller one, didn't know if that would affect him being able to install it or not.
Ah, right. I'd forgotten about the size... He was going to focus on the XL, so I'm not sure if his install solution would work for the regular size...

Xanek

Post by Xanek » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:34 am

desocietas wrote: Ah, right. I'd forgotten about the size... He was going to focus on the XL, so I'm not sure if his install solution would work for the regular size...
Well, from the "XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc" thread, Loopy did say that
loopy wrote:Nothing needs to change for 2DS and New 3DS except the board shape, so those can be done fairly quickly.
So I guess it won't be much of a problem, though this was from last year, September 16th and I don't remember him selling the boards for the N3DS and 2DS at all before...
Though kind of wish there was some update on the boards x:

Edit: Does Loopy answer any emails that inquire about the capture boards? I've sent one yesterday and no response, i'd assume no as he probably gets a lot of them, though i'm assuming that I might get lucky lol.

Edit^2: So from the "XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc" thread
loopy wrote:I still sell them. The premodded systems aren't in stock very often because I have to pick them up one at a time on ebay (and it's not easy to find them in good condition). If you want one sooner, you can always send in your own DS.
This was from March 30.... so wait, he still installs them or something if you send it in, or is this only for the original old 3ds..? Or is this quote not valid anymore? :|

okusenman

Post by okusenman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:50 pm

Xanek wrote:
desocietas wrote: Ah, right. I'd forgotten about the size... He was going to focus on the XL, so I'm not sure if his install solution would work for the regular size...
Well, from the "XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc" thread, Loopy did say that
loopy wrote:Nothing needs to change for 2DS and New 3DS except the board shape, so those can be done fairly quickly.
So I guess it won't be much of a problem, though this was from last year, September 16th and I don't remember him selling the boards for the N3DS and 2DS at all before...
Though kind of wish there was some update on the boards x:

Edit: Does Loopy answer any emails that inquire about the capture boards? I've sent one yesterday and no response, i'd assume no as he probably gets a lot of them, though i'm assuming that I might get lucky lol.

Edit^2: So from the "XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc" thread
loopy wrote:I still sell them. The premodded systems aren't in stock very often because I have to pick them up one at a time on ebay (and it's not easy to find them in good condition). If you want one sooner, you can always send in your own DS.
This was from March 30.... so wait, he still installs them or something if you send it in, or is this only for the original old 3ds..? Or is this quote not valid anymore? :|
^This is only for the old original DS, not 3DS related in any way.

Xanek

Post by Xanek » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:58 am

okusenman wrote: ^This is only for the old original DS, not 3DS related in any way.
Oh, you're right... dang.

Well here's hoping for some good news before the end of the year..
Hoping he does New 3DS board installations when he does, since if the post from 2014 was correct he should have them ready to go by now.

Though seems like the only posts he has made for a while have just been tech support posts, don't know how much of a chance we'll get for a status update, though the sooner the better as long as the end product is extremely reliable and lasts a good while :D

Edit: I did email Merki, the European distributor, and asked him about the board stocks and if they were going to make some for the New 3DS, his reply was
Hi <my name>

I do not have any information about his production, Loopy does not tell his plans, even me I paid for the next delivery some months ago…

And I dont know when the next delivery will be :(

Kind regards

Stefan