XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Lucario-Player

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by Lucario-Player » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:56 pm

loopy wrote:I'm sorry, I haven't followed these threads in a while. It's always the same questions and the same answers so I kind of tuned them out.

I know it's taken forever. Life happens, plans and priorities change. I was doing capture stuff full time before, but that hasn't been the case for a while. The last few months, I've been working another full time job to help a friend with his business. Obviously this has slowed me down. (This has other benefits though; I've gained connections for manufacturing and labor that will be useful...).

I've been working on N3DSXL a lot recently and have a schedule for release. I don't feel compelled to make announcements about it and give out dates because these things always change. I'll do a smaller run of "regular" boards in the meantime but the majority of them will go to Merki (tecd0c)
Sweet, glad to see an update has been made and glad to see a run for some regular boards to go out for those that want those!

I do apologize if I did come off as rude or anything, just figured an update of some kind was needed after what looked to have been half a year hahaha...

Redhawk36

Post by Redhawk36 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:53 pm

now does the N in "N3DSXL" mean New or Nintendo? Because although I am looking at getting the "New" XL, I do have a regular XL I could send in once the cap cards are available. Thanks!

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 am

Thanks for the update, Loopy! Definitely can't wait for your release of the New 3DS XL Capture Board, especially with you saying it seems to be ready! Definitely understandable that you won't give release dates, as there will always be issues that arise, and people will have to end up constantly push them back. Hopefully it will be available for a while for those who can't get it as soon as it is out.
Redhawk36 wrote:now does the N in "N3DSXL" mean New or Nintendo? Because although I am looking at getting the "New" XL, I do have a regular XL I could send in once the cap cards are available. Thanks!
In all cases of the fandom, N3DS and N3DSXL has always been acronyms for the New 3DS, while 3DS and 3DSXL have been acronyms for the old 3DS. Stores are not selling 3DS XLs anymore as opposed to the New 3DS XL from what I recall too.

MadaoBob

Post by MadaoBob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:19 pm

loopy wrote:I'm sorry, I haven't followed these threads in a while. It's always the same questions and the same answers so I kind of tuned them out.

I know it's taken forever. Life happens, plans and priorities change. I was doing capture stuff full time before, but that hasn't been the case for a while. The last few months, I've been working another full time job to help a friend with his business. Obviously this has slowed me down. (This has other benefits though; I've gained connections for manufacturing and labor that will be useful...).

I've been working on N3DSXL a lot recently and have a schedule for release. I don't feel compelled to make announcements about it and give out dates because these things always change. I'll do a smaller run of "regular" boards in the meantime but the majority of them will go to Merki (tecd0c)
Bit odd to ask, but you wouldn't be doing the capture cards for the regular models are you?
Just curious for now.

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:40 pm

MadaoBob wrote:

Bit odd to ask, but you wouldn't be doing the capture cards for the regular models are you?
Just curious for now.
He already mentioned that he will do a smaller run of the regular boards.

Also, rumor has it that the New 3DS regular version will be arriving to the US:

http://gonintendo.com/stories/241694-ni ... -this-fall

Seems that Loopy is only focused on the New 3DS XL though, so I guess we'll have to stick with that!

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:02 pm

ShadowMario3 wrote:Also, rumor has it that the New 3DS regular version will be arriving to the US:

Seems that Loopy is only focused on the New 3DS XL though, so I guess we'll have to stick with that!
And then rumor became fact lol

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/co ... dle/125091

Although, considering the white version... mine is starting to get a bit "black" in some areas due to dirt and all... and won't even come off if I try to clean it off... I'd still rather hold out for a black version as hopefully with that being released, as well as faceplates I believe are coming out too (since... that is one of the main features for the smaller version) they probably will come out with smaller ones down the line, especially if scalpers buy them out as well and make the standard size one look like it's doing really well.

Besides, my Japanese one will still be used more as... not only is everything cheaper in Japan actually, but I'm enjoying using it as well... plus lots more games come out in Japan compared to the west hahaha... including a lot of eShop "cheap" games. (even if I don't know Japanese)

But yeah, if they do come out with a less limited and more... "going to stay in stores" version, I'd say loopy should try to make one for that version as well considering how the screen size in my opinion is the best as... it's a bigger screen than the original model and still has a better screen than the XL version's stretched out pixels...
Last edited by Lucario-Player on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadaoBob

Post by MadaoBob » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:07 pm

ShadowMario3 wrote:
He already mentioned that he will do a smaller run of the regular boards.

Also, rumor has it that the New 3DS regular version will be arriving to the US:

Ah, my bad, I was actually asking about the regular sized New 3DS.
But hey, that's good news too isn't it?
Means that importing cover plates will be slightly cheaper cuz there no longer is as much of a restricted market anymore.

Jappo

Post by Jappo » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:12 am

I understand that you don´t want to make the schedule public, but can you at least say if the New3DSXL Capture Boards will be sold before the end of this year?

would be cool to know that much =)

PeeJayBonobo

Post by PeeJayBonobo » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:31 pm

That's very good news, loopy, but I do hope this also means the 2DS will also get cap boards soon.
YouTube
Steam
Twitch.tv

3DS Friend Code: 0620-0287-2099
Switch Friend Code: 0545-8720-5127
PSN: PeeJay_Bonobo
NNID: PeeJay_Bonobo_87
Xbox Live: PeeJay Bonobo

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:27 am

Jappo wrote:I understand that you don´t want to make the schedule public, but can you at least say if the New3DSXL Capture Boards will be sold before the end of this year?
I can tell you they'll be here by the end of the year with the same amount of confidence I can say that the regular XL boards will be here in time for X & Y.

Whether there's an ETA or not has no effect on whether or not it's true.