XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

jigsawbeans

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by jigsawbeans » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:09 am

All good news to me, can hardly wait for the N3DSXL board!

benstephens1000

Post by benstephens1000 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:43 am

I understand that the New 3DS boards are still just in the works and that all of the details are not yet worked out. However, do you think you will be selling new systems with the boards installed or will you only be having systems shipped to you?

AwesomeFaceProd

Post by AwesomeFaceProd » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Not sure if it's been asked yet in this thread, but at some point after the demand for XL/n3DS boards dies down, do you still have an interest in developing a capture board for the Wii U gamepad?

Either way, looking forward to the XL boards :)

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:40 pm

AwesomeFaceProd wrote:Not sure if it's been asked yet in this thread, but at some point after the demand for XL/n3DS boards dies down, do you still have an interest in developing a capture board for the Wii U gamepad?
Loopy opened up a gamepad once and there was a lot of space to put a board, but that's as far as that went. Good luck waiting for 3ds demand to die down, though- with a 10 month backlog, no eta and fairly heavy traffic when they are available (he stopped doing them to get more time to work on the XL, after all), I don't see that happening until after the next generation of consoles.

pm54911a

Post by pm54911a » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:36 am

loopy wrote:I'm sorry, I haven't followed these threads in a while. It's always the same questions and the same answers so I kind of tuned them out.

I know it's taken forever. Life happens, plans and priorities change. I was doing capture stuff full time before, but that hasn't been the case for a while. The last few months, I've been working another full time job to help a friend with his business. Obviously this has slowed me down. (This has other benefits though; I've gained connections for manufacturing and labor that will be useful...).

I've been working on N3DSXL a lot recently and have a schedule for release. I don't feel compelled to make announcements about it and give out dates because these things always change. I'll do a smaller run of "regular" boards in the meantime but the majority of them will go to Merki (tecd0c)

This is awesome news. I am super excited for it to come out! Even if things are coming out, we love hearing from you Loopy!

Skye

Post by Skye » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:22 am

Well, I haven't been following this, but from the looks of reading the last 3 pages or so it seems like I'm going to have to wait to get my N3dsXL modded. A few things I'm wondering at this point however:
1. Will the Old 3ds Capture Card become cheaper once the N3ds cards come out?
2. Are the N3dsXL cards going to be more expensive than the 3ds cards, and if so, how much cash do I need to start saving?
3. Are the N3dsXL cards getting finished, or would I have better luck getting my (small) 3ds modded first?

If my questions are a bit intrusive or numbers haven't been decided yet, I'm fine with that, but an estimate would be really nice, just so I could start saving up my cash. Thanks for even taking time out of your life to do this kind of thing, it makes all of us people who just want to enjoy our games so much happier :D

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:45 am

Skye wrote:Well, I haven't been following this, but from the looks of reading the last 3 pages or so it seems like I'm going to have to wait to get my N3dsXL modded. A few things I'm wondering at this point however:
1. Will the Old 3ds Capture Card become cheaper once the N3ds cards come out?
2. Are the N3dsXL cards going to be more expensive than the 3ds cards, and if so, how much cash do I need to start saving?
3. Are the N3dsXL cards getting finished, or would I have better luck getting my (small) 3ds modded first?
1. I imagine they'll stay the same.
2. If anything, they'll be cheaper due to having a smaller/better design that makes them easier to make.
3. Eventually, but there's no ETA.

gudenau

Post by gudenau » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:38 am

loopy wrote:I'm sorry, I haven't followed these threads in a while. It's always the same questions and the same answers so I kind of tuned them out.

I know it's taken forever. Life happens, plans and priorities change. I was doing capture stuff full time before, but that hasn't been the case for a while. The last few months, I've been working another full time job to help a friend with his business. Obviously this has slowed me down. (This has other benefits though; I've gained connections for manufacturing and labor that will be useful...).

I've been working on N3DSXL a lot recently and have a schedule for release. I don't feel compelled to make announcements about it and give out dates because these things always change. I'll do a smaller run of "regular" boards in the meantime but the majority of them will go to Merki (tecd0c)
It has been a while, any updates?

VideoGamer54321

Post by VideoGamer54321 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:48 pm

I'd like to know as well. How's it going? It's been a very long time since I've asked.

Acumen94

Post by Acumen94 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:42 pm

Loopy's still active, he's just not working on capture cards right now. He's working on this.
http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12163

http://3dscapture.com/fdsstick/