Sold out?

shaanth21

Re: Sold out?

Post by shaanth21 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:57 pm

alecandstuff wrote:
slayingthegame wrote:I emailed him and he says he has been sold out for 2 weeks and all orders after that didn't go through.
Could you post a screenshot of this? Myself and a few others have been able to get orders through in the past week, and the transaction went thru on Paypal with no issues, I sent my 3DS out yesterday afternoon

https://gyazo.com/6de095ebffeb102a4b53f877d42f6c0e

elayne

Post by elayne » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:55 pm

shaanth21 wrote:
alecandstuff wrote:
slayingthegame wrote:I emailed him and he says he has been sold out for 2 weeks and all orders after that didn't go through.
Could you post a screenshot of this? Myself and a few others have been able to get orders through in the past week, and the transaction went thru on Paypal with no issues, I sent my 3DS out yesterday afternoon

I also manged to place an order about a week ago. My 3DS arrived there today so I guess we'll have to see what happens now.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:27 pm

shaanth21 wrote:
alecandstuff wrote:

Honestly, from the email, it sounds like he was referring to your particular situation of the order timing out and not that all order placed after 2 weeks ago will not be filled... but that's how I interpreted it.

unevieotaku

Post by unevieotaku » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:18 pm

well, i hope that it's not true, and that i will not receive my 3ds without modification :s
And i just received an email which confirmed that my 3ds was send back to me !
Will let you know about that, but in one week i think because it's an international shipment ^^

alecandstuff

Post by alecandstuff » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:21 am

Honestly, from the email, it sounds like he was referring to your particular situation of the order timing out and not that all order placed after 2 weeks ago will not be filled... but that's how I interpreted it.
I got the same vibe from reading that. In any case I hope that this isn't some sort of indication that he's sold out for good or anything. If no one else does, I'll be sure to report back once I receive my system again! It should be arriving to his residence around October 1st, and I imagine not too huge of a turnaround time :)

elayne

Post by elayne » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:30 pm

elayne wrote: I also manged to place an order about a week ago. My 3DS arrived there today so I guess we'll have to see what happens now.
I received an email saying that my 3DS has been sent back to me. Once it arrives I will update on whether it was modified or not. If the capture card was installed, that was only a 12 hr or so turn around time.

alecandstuff

Post by alecandstuff » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:37 pm

elayne wrote:
elayne wrote: I also manged to place an order about a week ago. My 3DS arrived there today so I guess we'll have to see what happens now.
I received an email saying that my 3DS has been sent back to me. Once it arrives I will update on whether it was modified or not. If the capture card was installed, that was only a 12 hr or so turn around time.
Nice! I just checked and USPS reports my package arrived with Loopy this morning, so I should be able to report back soon as well :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:07 am

Paypal is screwy, even though the stock was set at 0 it would still let an order or two slip in every day. I guess if you hammer their server hard enough, it'll mess up sometimes. I hold some extra boards for repairs and such, so if you got lucky and managed to slip in an order that way, I'll still install it.

Yes, the plan is to move away from the old design. Components are becoming obsolete, I want to move to a smaller, cheaper, internal design on the old 3DS (matching the XL board design). It looks like I'll be doing one more small production run of the old boards (til the rest of the parts are used up, I have some cases & cables left over) but those won't last long.

Yes I know, everyone is anxious about pokemon. I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to you, I get tired of responding to dozens of "When will you have (XYZ)????" every day. I try to keep up with normal support emails but these tend to get ignored. Sorry I haven't been involved in the forum for a long time. To be honest, I've been a little afraid, after being gone so long I figured it'd be in chaos by now.

XL and n3DSXL boards are being worked on (XL will probably be available first but n3DS should come soon after). I'm not going to try to guess a release date yet, but obviously it's in my best interest to have something done quickly with pokemon and end of the year coming up. I've focused on keeping up with orders, I've mostly been able to keep a 1-2 day turnaround time for months now but that doesn't leave me much time to work on new things. Now that orders have stopped I will be working on this full time now.

I need to go now, I'll be back tomorrow to follow up.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:52 am

loopy wrote:Paypal is screwy, even though the stock was set at 0 it would still let an order or two slip in every day. I guess if you hammer their server hard enough, it'll mess up sometimes. I hold some extra boards for repairs and such, so if you got lucky and managed to slip in an order that way, I'll still install it.

Yes, the plan is to move away from the old design. Components are becoming obsolete, I want to move to a smaller, cheaper, internal design on the old 3DS (matching the XL board design). It looks like I'll be doing one more small production run of the old boards (til the rest of the parts are used up, I have some cases & cables left over) but those won't last long.

Yes I know, everyone is anxious about pokemon. I'm sorry if I haven't gotten back to you, I get tired of responding to dozens of "When will you have (XYZ)????" every day. I try to keep up with normal support emails but these tend to get ignored. Sorry I haven't been involved in the forum for a long time. To be honest, I've been a little afraid, after being gone so long I figured it'd be in chaos by now.

XL and n3DSXL boards are being worked on (XL will probably be available first but n3DS should come soon after). I'm not going to try to guess a release date yet, but obviously it's in my best interest to have something done quickly with pokemon and end of the year coming up. I've focused on keeping up with orders, I've mostly been able to keep a 1-2 day turnaround time for months now but that doesn't leave me much time to work on new things. Now that orders have stopped I will be working on this full time now.

Thanks for the update, Loopy, and there are still quite a few of us who are patiently waiting and are ready to order when you're set to go.
I guess my order slipped in then (I already sent in my o3DS), so if you install the old board in there, cool - otherwise, no pressure on that one for me. I'm ok with it just being sent back unmodified (feel free to deduct the shipping cost from any refund if so). Happy to hear the new boards are being worked on. I have a couple of N3DSes ready for those whenever they're set. Glad to hear from you; I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was worried about you!

alecandstuff

Post by alecandstuff » Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:04 am

loopy wrote:Paypal is screwy, even though the stock was set at 0 it would still let an order or two slip in every day. I guess if you hammer their server hard enough, it'll mess up sometimes. I hold some extra boards for repairs and such, so if you got lucky and managed to slip in an order that way, I'll still install it.

Thank you so much for the update! Moving forward, I think it'd be better to have communication like this as opposed to none at all, that would be where some people start to lose patience. Hopefully my order was also one of the ones capable of being fulfilled! Otherwise I don't mind it being sent back unmodified. Thanks again for the update! :lol: