3DS XL captured through Katsukity? my experience

hexsyz

Re: 3DS XL captured through Katsukity? my experience

Post by hexsyz » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:55 am

One thing i noticed about the New 3DS XL capture cards from katsukity is that most of the time the card may stop operating due to the faulty USB handling they do, which can either come off or if dangling can be repaired with removing the solder (mine had ALOT of cold joints that results in the No Valid Data problem) but one thing that really aggrivates me is the placement of the actual card itself, not only is it hanged loose with no possible way to keep it in place, but it does tend to have some overheating problems. Situations like that would make me want to either use hot glue or velcro tape to keep it in place and have some insulation, but obviously thats not an option.

poppylilly

Post by poppylilly » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:14 pm

i'm really sorry this happened to you one of my favorite streamers had a katsukity 3ds capture card and it's gone downhill fast i'm trying to think of a way to make the money to donate for him to purchase a new system and capture card from loopy but it's gonna be fairly pricey :/ hopefully this gets better i'd hate to see more people suffer from katsukity

Mysterious Reaper

Post by Mysterious Reaper » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Sorry to hear this happened to you. I was actually tempted to buy an old N3DS XL from an ex-streamer on ebay but was paranoid by people's previous experiences via searches and some on here (even if it worked for them, it could stop working). Glad I hesitated. I have an alternative way to stream/record Vita footage however the PSTV still blocks some PSN/Vita games from playing which is an issue compared to getting a capture card fitted instead.

Thank you for writing this, because it will encourage people to have more patience for Loopy's cards, which I am hearing good things about and overall a better customer experience.
I'm a UK Streamer who streams a variety of games on Twitch. If you're interested, please feel free to check my streams!

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:59 am

Mysterious Reaper wrote:Sorry to hear this happened to you. I was actually tempted to buy an old N3DS XL from an ex-streamer on ebay but was paranoid by people's previous experiences via searches and some on here (even if it worked for them, it could stop working). Glad I hesitated. I have an alternative way to stream/record Vita footage however the PSTV still blocks some PSN/Vita games from playing which is an issue compared to getting a capture card fitted instead.

Thank you for writing this, because it will encourage people to have more patience for Loopy's cards, which I am hearing good things about and overall a better customer experience.
You can get around the HDCP issue with some HDMI splitters, a capture card, and a PSTV in case you're still running into problems.

Mysterious Reaper

Post by Mysterious Reaper » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:38 am

desocietas wrote:
Mysterious Reaper wrote:Sorry to hear this happened to you. I was actually tempted to buy an old N3DS XL from an ex-streamer on ebay but was paranoid by people's previous experiences via searches and some on here (even if it worked for them, it could stop working). Glad I hesitated. I have an alternative way to stream/record Vita footage however the PSTV still blocks some PSN/Vita games from playing which is an issue compared to getting a capture card fitted instead.

You can get around the HDCP issue with some HDMI splitters, a capture card, and a PSTV in case you're still running into problems.
Yeah I'm using a HDMI splitter to bypass HDCP. However some games are blocked from running (for example one of the Danganronpa games don't run whatsoever on PSTV).

It's better then nothing and maybe Sony will remove that restriction on some games being played on PSTV at a later date (since someone managed to bypass it unofficially) so splitters would be a better option in the future.
I'm a UK Streamer who streams a variety of games on Twitch. If you're interested, please feel free to check my streams!

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Hm, interesting... I was able to play the first Danganronpa fine but haven't tested the other two games yet. I know the whitelisting issue is still a problem, if anything, for some games... :/

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:29 pm

It's quite easy to bypass the whitelist and play games that aren't "supported" on the PSTV. Although I say it's easy, it requires being able to use homebrew on the PSTV. Right now, the biggest and most common way to use homebrew is to use Henkaku on 3.60 firmware (and only 3.60). If it's on 3.61+, there's pretty much no way to use homebrew and renove the whitelist.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Nyaako wrote:It's quite easy to bypass the whitelist and play games that aren't "supported" on the PSTV. Although I say it's easy, it requires being able to use homebrew on the PSTV. Right now, the biggest and most common way to use homebrew is to use Henkaku on 3.60 firmware (and only 3.60). If it's on 3.61+, there's pretty much no way to use homebrew and renove the whitelist.
Right, I recall looking into that; unfortunately, my PSTV's firmware is more up-to-date than that, so I've had to go with PS4 these days over PSTV for streaming purposes (given the choice between the two for most games).

Mysterious Reaper

Post by Mysterious Reaper » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:12 pm

Interesting, unfortunately my firmware is also up to date. I've not been trying more games on the PSTV, not had time to play/stream (I have tried Danganronpa Despair Girls and have streamed it/seen others on Twitch stream once or twice, so I can confirm that the PSTV allows that to be played, so maybe Danganronpa 2 doesn't? Luckily Steam and the new edition on PS4'll be coming out anyway so that's an alternative).

Either way the restriction of some games not being allowed to be played is unusual but I haven't encountered it OR found a list of games that are blocked, again only research I found when trying to set mine up for recording and someone mentioned a couple which don't run and a few PSN games too. I would like to see a list of them and hope Sony white list them.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Sony used to have a list but they've removed it for some reason.

There are a few lists online but it's hard to tell which is more accurate:
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/337 ... ps-mobile/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_P ... E2%80%93L)

I haven't heard anything about Danganronpa 2 being unplayable on PSTV, but I've only played D1, and that worked perfectly.