Looks like Katsukity's giving you the bird Loopy...

IdahoMan153

Looks like Katsukity's giving you the bird Loopy...

Post by IdahoMan153 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:40 pm

I was reading an article off of Kotaku about Katsukitys 3DS Capture Card (http://kotaku.com/my-quest-to-play-3ds- ... 1512835011) until I noticed this...

"When I told him about my initial fears that his company was a scam, Katsuki understood. “The capture card is my creation. […] All others are fakes,” he told me. “They can't make them—the software and the hardware too—no one else can make them.” "

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Looks like Katsukity's giving you the bird Loopy...

Post by loopy » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:44 pm

Yeah. I contacted both Katsukity and the author of the article but haven't heard back from either one yet.
F'em.

sasuke222

Post by sasuke222 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:14 pm

I read that the other day.

It's like Kotaku just realized that this was a thing when Loopy's been making boards for awhile now.

Dusk Dragoon

Post by Dusk Dragoon » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:41 am

One more reason not to visit Kotaku. Joystiq FTW, although no video game news site is perfect.

Kotaku is really bad though. This site is the one that comes up when you google 3DS capture card as the first result and has been as such for a while, how could you be unaware of it?

wiifanluke

Post by wiifanluke » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:15 am

Funny that there's like 50% Katsukity questions on here.
Last edited by wiifanluke on Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:34 am

I don't like being a shit-stirrer... I've tolerated katsukity related talk here because it's been pretty harmless, and for the most part we stay out of each other's business. This went a bit too far though.

That Kotaku guy answered me back and fixed his article. I'm afraid the damage is already done though, there's so many me-too gaming sites that mirror their content.
C'est la vie

Prismind

Post by Prismind » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Looks like kotaku pulled back that part of the article and gave a link to loopy. Bad press turned good press, i guess

I'm glad i went with loopy because it means I have the security of being still in my country and not getting lost overseas. Plus, his price is equally priced with katsu's, given the situation of the 2 modders

Neytz

Post by Neytz » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:11 pm

He actualy mentions you on his wiki so that was really inappropriate. I'm from EU and I have a 3DS I'd like to mod. So Loopy I know you're busy but ffs do some magic and gimme audio over USB and that 3D capture and I'll get Tecd0c busy right away :)

deinera

Post by deinera » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:57 am

IdahoMan153 wrote:I was reading an article off of Kotaku about Katsukitys 3DS Capture Card (http://kotaku.com/my-quest-to-play-3ds- ... 1512835011) until I noticed this...

"When I told him about my initial fears that his company was a scam, Katsuki understood. “The capture card is my creation. […] All others are fakes,” he told me. “They can't make them—the software and the hardware too—no one else can make them.” "
I heard more good things about Loopy than I did about Katsukity's, so I went with Loopy months ago. This kind of crap makes me angry. :(

mattmagician

Post by mattmagician » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 pm

That's why even though I haven't gotten mine yet since I'm waiting on XL boards, I keep telling people who ask how my site'll be doing 3DS footage, I send them here. Haha