USB audio test

loopy
Site Admin

Re: USB audio test

Post by loopy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:32 am

Guest wrote:I'm having some problems with the audio over USB, it just simply isn't there!

After running the software update, it upgraded my board but audio still doesn't transmit over USB. I have the newest version of DirectX so I doubt that's a problem, the volume slider on the software isn't disabled but I still don't get audio.
It could be a hardware problem, the board might not have been connected properly. Before USB audio was implemented, there wasn't an easy way to test it. I just released a new version (3.2) that lets you open up a debug window (right click in the window title). See if it shows a warning about missing audio data.

shitaki

Post by shitaki » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:07 am

loopy wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm having some problems with the audio over USB, it just simply isn't there!

After running the software update, it upgraded my board but audio still doesn't transmit over USB. I have the newest version of DirectX so I doubt that's a problem, the volume slider on the software isn't disabled but I still don't get audio.
It could be a hardware problem, the board might not have been connected properly. Before USB audio was implemented, there wasn't an easy way to test it. I just released a new version (3.2) that lets you open up a debug window (right click in the window title). See if it shows a warning about missing audio data.

I used the debug console, and mine says
paints/s=60, SKIPS=0 ERRORS=0 rdyQ=10 audioPos=3944 (keeps changing) audioLatency=1910

I'm on Stereo Mix, and my audio shows up just fine on the computer. It's just when I'm recording is when it doesn't work. What could it be?

Also does it matter if I'm getting my audio through my computer monitor not through speakers?

EDIT: Nevermind, just figured out that the previous owner didn't update the firmware yet. But I have a problem trying to update
I'll post a picture of it

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:01 pm

shitaki wrote:Nevermind, just figured out that the previous owner didn't update the firmware yet. But I have a problem trying to update
I'll post a picture of it
That's the driver, you don't need to reinstall that. The software will tell you if your firmware isn't current. Since you're already getting audio through your speakers, firmware isn't the problem.

Check the volume level.

shitaki

Post by shitaki » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:15 pm

loopy wrote: That's the driver, you don't need to reinstall that. The software will tell you if your firmware isn't current. Since you're already getting audio through your speakers, firmware isn't the problem.

Check the volume level.
I did check the volume level in Stereo Mix and it's at 100% already also. Are there any other suggestions?

ubiquitous

Post by ubiquitous » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:20 am

So I updated from 3.0 to 3.2 and now I am constantly prompted to update every time I use the software. Also I have no sound.

I can't go back to using 3.0 either as it too is now prompting me to update.

ubiquitous

Post by ubiquitous » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:29 am

n
e
v
e
r
m
i
n
d

katgrafei

Post by katgrafei » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:41 am

How did you fix it? I am having the same issue.