USB audio test

RupinSalesMan

Re: USB audio test

Post by RupinSalesMan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:30 am

Oh yeah, if you push the Home Button while playing a DS game, there are no sound effects. Does this setup lose sound effects?

EDIT: This happens if you power down, too. Clicking the buttons doesn't have a sound effect. There's sound effects on the menu and stuff, though. And in the games.

RupinSalesMan

Post by RupinSalesMan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:09 pm

Darrell3h_ wrote:Here is some advice that I believe should help to reduce distortions when recording:

First, go to both your recording device and you speakers and go to the levels tab. Afterwards, right click the percentage and switch it to decibels. Then make sure that the device is not adding or subtracting decibels(I recommend plugging in the Noise Filter to your PC to avoid having your computer blast the audio,

The next thing you need to make sure of is to make sure that your PC is outputting to the maximum possible quality as well recording it. Select the largest number of Herts as your sample rate as well the preferred bit depth.(Do this for stereo mix as well).

Something important that you need to remember is to make sure that you have an AUX/3.5mm cable in your 3DS when recording to maintain minimal distortions.

Now for the obvious portion; if the slider is present on the 3DS Capture Application, slide it all the way up!

Well good luck everyone! :D
You don't have to do the decibels thing. But the change to Herts makes things way better. Thanks!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:07 pm

Maveric wrote:Hey, I'm having some troubles here....
I got the new version, installed the firmware, tried audio only with usb and there was no sound
Tried using stereo mix, still nothing, and i tried every option there is in the stereo mix configuration of windows.
installed the direct x thingy, still nothing. Installed the driver and still no sound.
I virtually tried every possibility there is, but i can't get any sound through the usb and even in the capturing software, i can't change the sound bar.
What am I doing wrong?
The audio settings button only affects recording. You should always be able to hear the 3DS, regardless of what you have that set to. If the volume slider is disabled, it's a software problem - it can't initialize the sound library for some reason. See if this works any better (it's using an older sound API) - http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture_audiotest4.zip

Maveric

Post by Maveric » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:27 am

loopy wrote:The audio settings button only affects recording. You should always be able to hear the 3DS, regardless of what you have that set to. If the volume slider is disabled, it's a software problem - it can't initialize the sound library for some reason. See if this works any better (it's using an older sound API) - http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture_audiotest4.zip
Well it works now, reinstalled the directx framewort again and it suddenly worked.
Anyways, it records well, no sound issues whatsoever. Great job!

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:31 am

Is there anything I have to do before recording audio over USB to get the best out of the feature? In the audio settings the program selects "Stereomix". I don't know if it's called the same in English but the only other options are XSplit and Microphone. How high should I put the volume on the right? Can I put it on the highest spot or does this make the sound sounds worse? Thanks!

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:21 am

I streamed again yesterday, as well as having skype call for a Pokemon Wifi battle group, audio was good. For this 5th test, everything was a-ok for me.

Flare

Post by Flare » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Hello everyone and great work on the Audio Loopy, it's really nice to have less cords around, but I've been having a similar issue to a few others in the thread regarding the quality. I'm not sure if it's on my end or not, but using the headphone jack, the audio sounds better. Through USB the audio sounds kind of far away.

I want to be able to use the USB audio because I love having less cords, but music in games don't sound as clear.

Edit:
I figured it out and it was probably already said before, but you need something occupying the headphone jack to get the superior headphone quality. If you don't, then you get reduced sound which is used for the regular 3ds speaker I'm assuming. Would be cool if there was another way to trick the 3ds into thinking headphones are in besides having something in the jack.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:27 pm

Flare wrote:Hello everyone and great work on the Audio Loopy, it's really nice to have less cords around, but I've been having a similar issue to a few others in the thread regarding the quality. I'm not sure if it's on my end or not, but using the headphone jack, the audio sounds better. Through USB the audio sounds kind of far away.

I want to be able to use the USB audio because I love having less cords, but music in games don't sound as clear.

Edit:
I figured it out and it was probably already said before, but you need something occupying the headphone jack to get the superior headphone quality. If you don't, then you get reduced sound which is used for the regular 3ds speaker I'm assuming. Would be cool if there was another way to trick the 3ds into thinking headphones are in besides having something in the jack.
The 3DS switches from surround sound to stereo when you plug in headphones. Change your sound setting to stereo, it should have the same effect. No need to "trick" your 3DS.

Unless your 3DS is hooked up to a surround sound system, it shouldn't be set to surround anyway. You won't get any benefit from it.

Meteorz

Post by Meteorz » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:55 pm

loopy wrote:The 3DS switches from surround sound to stereo when you plug in headphones. Change your sound setting to stereo, it should have the same effect. No need to "trick" your 3DS.

Unless your 3DS is hooked up to a surround sound system, it shouldn't be set to surround anyway. You won't get any benefit from it.
I can't believe it was actually something that simple! xD
Well, that actually fixed the "Echoed sound" issue I had... Sweetness! Thanks!

jaypr

Post by jaypr » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:32 pm

Is it just me or is there no software in the zip folder when you try to download the latest version of the software?