USB audio test

Rayquaza3010

Re: USB audio test

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Sun May 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Darrell3h wrote:
Rayquaza3010 wrote:I recorded a video a few minutes ago. Now the sound is very quiet because I lowered the volume while recording. Is there a way to record video/audio over USB without making the volume of the PC very high? In the audio settings "Stereo Mix" is selected.
You can max out the volume on your computer when you have an AUX cord plugged into your computers audio out port to get the full loudness or go into your recording devices and make raise the amplification of stereo mix!
Problem is, that, when I got someone on Skype talking with me about that game while recording it, his/her voice will be in the recording, too. Is there no way to tell the program that it only should record the footage and that audio?

Darrell3h

Post by Darrell3h » Sun May 18, 2014 3:18 pm

You can try using an external USB Soundcard, or and HDMI audio source for your default communication device. That, or you can go old school and just use the AUX cord to your PC from your 3DS.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Mon May 19, 2014 4:38 am

Rayquaza3010 wrote:I recorded a video a few minutes ago. Now the sound is very quiet because I lowered the volume while recording. Is there a way to record video/audio over USB without making the volume of the PC very high? In the audio settings "Stereo Mix" is selected.
You could always try getting an extra set of speakers/headset that have their own independent volume control while at the same time, still keeping the volume of the stereo mix up.

VideogameScrapbook

Post by VideogameScrapbook » Wed May 21, 2014 10:39 pm

loopy wrote:
VideogameScrapbook wrote:Does anybody know if you can switch easily between using the beta that has 3D support and using the latest version with USB audio? I would like to use the USB audio for some games while still having the option to use 3D at other times.

I haven't tried myself because I'm afraid of the changelog that says "v2.11 - Downgrades firmware (from 3D beta version)."
It'll make you reflash the board firmware each time you switch versions. It won't hurt anything to switch back and forth, and it's not hard to do... just be careful not to unplug the 3DS in the middle of an update or the board will stop working.
Hi loopy, today I took the plunge and trusted what you were saying about being able to switch back and forth. I flashed the board with v3.0. Now when I try using the 3D version (20130524), it does not offer the option to re-flash the board firmware like you said it would. :(

Do you have a different build of the 3D version that always does offer the downgrade? Or do you have some other way of flashing the board to an older version? I'd much rather have the 3D over the USB audio, it really worked amazingly well with 3D glasses.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon May 26, 2014 9:27 pm

VideogameScrapbook wrote:Hi loopy, today I took the plunge and trusted what you were saying about being able to switch back and forth. I flashed the board with v3.0. Now when I try using the 3D version (20130524), it does not offer the option to re-flash the board firmware like you said it would. :(

Do you have a different build of the 3D version that always does offer the downgrade? Or do you have some other way of flashing the board to an older version? I'd much rather have the 3D over the USB audio, it really worked amazingly well with 3D glasses.
Sorry about that. I fixed it, it should work now. http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture_beta3d.zip

VideogameScrapbook

Post by VideogameScrapbook » Thu May 29, 2014 11:52 pm

loopy wrote:Sorry about that. I fixed it, it should work now. http://3dscapture.com/tmp/3ds_capture_beta3d.zip
Thank you! This should definitely tide people over until the full release that has both 3D and USB audio! :)

DrDreHD

Post by DrDreHD » Fri May 30, 2014 10:58 pm

For my 3DS Capture, I have the audio slider on the left, and I can hear my 3DS audio on my computer using only the USB, but when I record something there is no audio.

Im using Xvid MPEG-4 Codec if that helps or changes anything.

When I go to audio settings it says (no sound).

What should I do to get the recording to have audio?

Thanks,

Moonlightswami

MithrilMonarch

Post by MithrilMonarch » Sat May 31, 2014 5:19 am

DrDreHD wrote:For my 3DS Capture, I have the audio slider on the left, and I can hear my 3DS audio on my computer using only the USB, but when I record something there is no audio.

Thanks,

Moonlightswami
http://i.imgur.com/9oKBTSM.png

Do you have an option for Stereo Mix or What U Hear in your Recording Devices? If you don't see it, right click and check Show Disabled Devices. Make sure it's enabled, and use that as your audio recording device.

Keep in mind it records anything coming from your PC speakers/headphones, so close Skype/notifiers/anything else that makes noise. Also, make sure your 3DS is set to Stereo Audio.

DrDreHD

Post by DrDreHD » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 am

MithrilMonarch wrote:
DrDreHD wrote:For my 3DS Capture, I have the audio slider on the left, and I can hear my 3DS audio on my computer using only the USB, but when I record something there is no audio.

Thanks,

Moonlightswami
http://i.imgur.com/9oKBTSM.png

Do you have an option for Stereo Mix or What U Hear in your Recording Devices? If you don't see it, right click and check Show Disabled Devices. Make sure it's enabled, and use that as your audio recording device.

Keep in mind it records anything coming from your PC speakers/headphones, so close Skype/notifiers/anything else that makes noise. Also, make sure your 3DS is set to Stereo Audio.

Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help. I clicked show disabled devices, enabled stereo and it worked from there. :D

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:59 am

I'm having some problems with the audio over USB, it just simply isn't there!

After running the software update, it upgraded my board but audio still doesn't transmit over USB. I have the newest version of DirectX so I doubt that's a problem, the volume slider on the software isn't disabled but I still don't get audio.