USB audio test

someonewhodied

Re: USB audio test

Post by someonewhodied » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:19 am

My only complaint right now is that raw audio is a bit quiet, even at max volume, but thats easily fixed when i edit videos.

shadowofchaos

Post by shadowofchaos » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:48 am

From what I remember, the volume slider on the program itself, AND your volume on your computer affects what the "stereo mix" volume it records.

Grylvak

Post by Grylvak » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:56 am

Not sure if it's just me, but when I record a bit with the audio, I only get the video in the file. Has that just not been implemented yet, or am I just doing it wrong?

http://youtu.be/H2A3zBi4poo

Meteorz

Post by Meteorz » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:14 am

Grylvak wrote:Not sure if it's just me, but when I record a bit with the audio, I only get the video in the file. Has that just not been implemented yet, or am I just doing it wrong?

http://youtu.be/H2A3zBi4poo
Did you choose Stereo Mix in the Audio Options? (What U Hear for the small chance you have a Creative Sound Card)

Darrell3h_

Post by Darrell3h_ » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:27 am

Thank you for the Audio Transmission Via USB, but there is a problem: Some people have no access to stereo mix even with proper drivers, and in my case; it is distorting the audio when recorded with stereo mix. When will there be a direct recording without setting an audio device?

Mikejrthe2nd

Post by Mikejrthe2nd » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Darrell3h_ wrote:Thank you for the Audio Transmission Via USB, but there is a problem: Some people have no access to stereo mix even with proper drivers, and in my case; it is distorting the audio when recorded with stereo mix. When will there be a direct recording without setting an audio device?
Do you have fraps at all? Luckily fraps has a desktop recorder function (had some issues at first, but it was fixed in later updates) and it records Audio without the need for Stereo Mix. I don't have Stereo Mix and any time I want to record something off of my computer I have to use fraps or else no audio. Only issue is that fraps file sizes are huge and since you are recording the whole computer screen you will have to do a lot of editing in post. (I'd recommend lowering screen resolution before recording to prevent lag and reduce file size)

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:29 pm

Version 3.0 of the 3DS capture software is now available with audio over USB. Seems to be the final version then. Are there other new features? There is no new changelog yet.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:01 pm

Left/Right channels are correct (they got flipped again when I was fixing video glitches). Other than that, it's the same as the last test version.

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:42 am

I got a question. I have a capture board from August 2012 and September 2013. I patched them both but I have the feeling that the newer models USB sound capture has better quality. Just my imagination or is there a difference? xD

RupinSalesMan

Post by RupinSalesMan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:36 pm

The audio sounds kind of flipped when using it. I use the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team menu as a test. Luigi's noises come out of the left speaker, then Mario's voice comes out of the right. When connected with the USB, Luigi comes out of the right, and Mario comes out of the left, HOWEVER, disabling one of the speakers, it seems that both voices can be heard on both speakers. I think you adjusted it so both speakers get some sound from each other. I just think the emphasis on some sound effects is swapped. Or it could just be me.