USB audio test

loopy
Site Admin

Re: USB audio test

Post by loopy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Rayquaza3010 wrote:I got a question. I have a capture board from August 2012 and September 2013. I patched them both but I have the feeling that the newer models USB sound capture has better quality. Just my imagination or is there a difference? xD
Just your imagination :) The board doesn't do any audio processing, it just grabs the digital audio stream from the 3DS and sends it out. What do you mean by "better quality"?
RupinSalesMan wrote:The audio sounds kind of flipped when using it. I use the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team menu as a test. Luigi's noises come out of the left speaker, then Mario's voice comes out of the right. When connected with the USB, Luigi comes out of the right, and Mario comes out of the left, HOWEVER, disabling one of the speakers, it seems that both voices can be heard on both speakers. I think you adjusted it so both speakers get some sound from each other. I just think the emphasis on some sound effects is swapped. Or it could just be me.
Which version are you using? Don't use the test version anymore, the public release version from the front page should be right.

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:00 pm

loopy wrote:
Rayquaza3010 wrote:I got a question. I have a capture board from August 2012 and September 2013. I patched them both but I have the feeling that the newer models USB sound capture has better quality. Just my imagination or is there a difference? xD
Just your imagination :) The board doesn't do any audio processing, it just grabs the digital audio stream from the 3DS and sends it out. What do you mean by "better quality"?
The sound of the old board sounds a bit strange. But okay.^^

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Rayquaza3010 wrote:
loopy wrote:What do you mean by "better quality"?
The sound of the old board sounds a bit strange.
A little more specific please :)

RupinSalesMan

Post by RupinSalesMan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:24 pm

loopy wrote:
RupinSalesMan wrote:The audio sounds kind of flipped when using it. I use the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team menu as a test. Luigi's noises come out of the left speaker, then Mario's voice comes out of the right. When connected with the USB, Luigi comes out of the right, and Mario comes out of the left, HOWEVER, disabling one of the speakers, it seems that both voices can be heard on both speakers. I think you adjusted it so both speakers get some sound from each other. I just think the emphasis on some sound effects is swapped. Or it could just be me.
Which version are you using? Don't use the test version anymore, the public release version from the front page should be right.
Oops.. Let me fix that. Sorry!

EDIT: It's great now! Thanks, Loopy! This new laptop makes it not lag at all! I'm so sorry for all the trouble I've been causing you. I have to be the most annoying client on here!

Rayquaza3010

Post by Rayquaza3010 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:58 pm

loopy wrote:
Rayquaza3010 wrote:
loopy wrote:What do you mean by "better quality"?
The sound of the old board sounds a bit strange.
A little more specific please :)
I can't really describe it. I uploaded a video of the 3DS menu and Kirby Triple Deluxe (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vyizcn1XCrY) and in my opinion it doesn't sound like the original. I'm not sure how to describe it in English, maybe "less detailed" or something like that. :D

Maveric

Post by Maveric » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:40 pm

Hey, I'm having some troubles here....
I got the new version, installed the firmware, tried audio only with usb and there was no sound
Tried using stereo mix, still nothing, and i tried every option there is in the stereo mix configuration of windows.
installed the direct x thingy, still nothing. Installed the driver and still no sound.
I virtually tried every possibility there is, but i can't get any sound through the usb and even in the capturing software, i can't change the sound bar.
What am I doing wrong?

RupinSalesMan

Post by RupinSalesMan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:41 am

Maveric wrote:Hey, I'm having some troubles here....
I got the new version, installed the firmware, tried audio only with usb and there was no sound
Tried using stereo mix, still nothing, and i tried every option there is in the stereo mix configuration of windows.
installed the direct x thingy, still nothing. Installed the driver and still no sound.
I virtually tried every possibility there is, but i can't get any sound through the usb and even in the capturing software, i can't change the sound bar.
What am I doing wrong?
If you can't change the bar, it's gotta be something with DirectX. Are you sure you got the most recent one?

And Loopy, the sound's a little quiet, but still great. Thanks so much for this update. Without it, it looked like the 3DS was on life support.

Maveric

Post by Maveric » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:25 am

RupinSalesMan wrote:
If you can't change the bar, it's gotta be something with DirectX. Are you sure you got the most recent one?
I believe i have. I installed the one that was linked on this website.

Darrell3h_

Post by Darrell3h_ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:57 am

Here is some advice that I believe should help to reduce distortions when recording:

First, go to both your recording device and you speakers and go to the levels tab. Afterwards, right click the percentage and switch it to decibels. Then make sure that the device is not adding or subtracting decibels(I recommend plugging in the Noise Filter to your PC to avoid having your computer blast the audio,

The next thing you need to make sure of is to make sure that your PC is outputting to the maximum possible quality as well recording it. Select the largest number of Herts as your sample rate as well the preferred bit depth.(Do this for stereo mix as well).

Something important that you need to remember is to make sure that you have an AUX/3.5mm cable in your 3DS when recording to maintain minimal distortions.

Now for the obvious portion; if the slider is present on the 3DS Capture Application, slide it all the way up!

Well good luck everyone! :D

Darrell3h_

Post by Darrell3h_ » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:58 am

Sorry, the images were placed incorrectly...