Capture Software for Mac and Recording Limit Removal?

Grylvak

Capture Software for Mac and Recording Limit Removal?

Post by Grylvak » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:19 am

Just a few questions:

I was curious if the software could be modified for Mac, or if there were any plans for Mac integration in the future? If so, would you happen to know of any lossless codec for Mac?

Also, is it possible to remove the 2GB per limit on the capture software? Fraps works fine but I notice a slight difference in Video Quality. (Lagarith being better) No real issues though so no rush on anything.

Thanks!

MKGirlism

Re: Capture Software for Mac and Recording Limit Removal?

Post by MKGirlism » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:10 pm

We were making a Mac Version, but Objective-C is to weird.

Pecacheu

Post by Pecacheu » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 am

Iv'e always thought that Objective C was kind of strange, but you can always program in java. That's what many Minecraft moders do when they want to make an installer or application work on all platforms. Besides, java is a great language; you could use better APIs (like .mov files, and treating it like a webcam, and combining the software and the driver into one). Best of all, built-in 3D support. Also, could you add the ability to mirror the output of the top and bottom LCD to separate displays full-screen?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Pecacheu wrote:Also, could you add the ability to mirror the output of the top and bottom LCD to separate displays full-screen?
It can do that already.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:42 pm

Grylvak wrote:Just a few questions:

I was curious if the software could be modified for Mac, or if there were any plans for Mac integration in the future? If so, would you happen to know of any lossless codec for Mac?

Also, is it possible to remove the 2GB per limit on the capture software? Fraps works fine but I notice a slight difference in Video Quality. (Lagarith being better) No real issues though so no rush on anything.

Thanks!
I'd like to add Mac support someday, but it's not a priority right now. I have no experience with Mac software development. If anyone wants to give it a shot, contact me. I can give you some sample board reading code to get you started.

The size limit is being worked on. I should have a fix for it soon...ish. Orders are finally starting to slow down, so I actually have some time to work on the software again :P

Tortimer

Post by Tortimer » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:09 am

Will it work on Windows running on a Mac? I don't have a Windows computer, but maybe I'll have to buy one just to use this. But do you think it will work on Windows on Mac?

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 am

Why shouldn't it work?
I'm Capturing on an iMac all the time, because the Line-In Sound works the best on that one.