Questions about this product

hooky

Questions about this product

Post by hooky » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:12 am

First, I have a question about a post in another thread.
loopy wrote:Audio capture over USB and 3D video capture are planned. Maybe more software display options -- rotate screens, detect DS mode & remove borders, add overlay graphic, adjust the gap between screens ... those are lower priority though, since you can already do that with other software in postprocessing.
So, you're saying that the hardware is currently capable of sending audio and 3D video over USB, but the driver does not work with it yet? If this isn't true and I misinterpreted it, I feel like I might as well wait for the next version.

Second, I was wondering what would happen if my 3DS was damaged during installation. Would it be replaced? My warranty expired already so I might as well get this one modified as I don't see the point in having 2 3DSs.

triple_lei

Re: Questions about this product

Post by triple_lei » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:24 pm

What is the gap between DS screens, by the way? 92 pixels is the figure I see being thrown out, and that seems to be spot on for Contra 4, but I know it's only around 30 pixels for Ouendan.
Attachments
NDS gap test - 256x192 - 30.jpg
30-pixel gap
NDS gap test - 256x192 - 30.jpg (45.6 KiB) Viewed 3683 times

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:29 pm

hooky wrote:So, you're saying that the hardware is currently capable of sending audio and 3D video over USB, but the driver does not work with it yet? If this isn't true and I misinterpreted it, I feel like I might as well wait for the next version.
Hardware is capable, but needs a software + firmware update (firmware is updated over USB). The driver won't change.
hooky wrote:Second, I was wondering what would happen if my 3DS was damaged during installation. Would it be replaced? My warranty expired already so I might as well get this one modified as I don't see the point in having 2 3DSs.
If something goes wrong, I'll replace it. I've done over a hundred installations now and haven't damaged one yet, so the risk is low. Well, maybe one, but the jury's still out on that one.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:31 pm

triple_lei wrote:What is the gap between DS screens, by the way? 92 pixels is the figure I see being thrown out, and that seems to be spot on for Contra 4, but I know it's only around 30 pixels for Ouendan.
I don't think there's a hard number, it just depends on the game.