XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

desocietas

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by desocietas » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:50 am

Guest wrote:The least Loopy can do is give us updates on this stuff. More and more people are recommending Katsu saying " I would recommend Loopy but he is never in stock anymore "
Honestly, no, the least Loopy can do is just stop doing installations altogether. I understand that it's frustrating, but it is his business and his life. Many folks do stand by the quality of his work and are willing to wait. Many are not willing to wait, but at least there is Katsukity available to those who need the installations sooner than Loopy can provide them.

Platinum Lucario

Post by Platinum Lucario » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Here's an idea: Perhaps if you're trying to create some capture card, perhaps you could build some external box that uses a connector in the shape of a game card which connects to the 3DS and the external box can use a 3DS game card slot for game cards to be inserted? It can also have a USB that connects to the computer, two HDMI connectors to connect to displays. The data can run through the external box from the game card to the 3DS, and that external box will read the video and sound data that runs through it.

It would look something much like what Intelligent Systems uses from Kyoto Microcomputers to use with their 3DS consoles. Why can't we build something like this?

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Platinum Lucario wrote:Here's an idea: Perhaps if you're trying to create some capture card, perhaps you could build some external box that uses a connector in the shape of a game card which connects to the 3DS and the external box can use a 3DS game card slot for game cards to be inserted? It can also have a USB that connects to the computer, two HDMI connectors to connect to displays. The data can run through the external box from the game card to the 3DS, and that external box will read the video and sound data that runs through it.

It would look something much like what Intelligent Systems uses from Kyoto Microcomputers to use with their 3DS consoles. Why can't we build something like this?
Why are you asking loopy to build it? Why can't you build it? If loopy wants to build something his own way, let him.

3DSUser

Post by 3DSUser » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:37 am

Hello!

I just registered to these boards to ask a little bit more about the Loopy 3DS capture card builds and when they will next be available. From what I gather, the answer is "when the 3DS XL models are completed". However, little information or posting on this board is done in regards to the progress on this. I've become kind of worried, as I've heard nothing but negative things about the competition's builds, and I would like to not miss out on an opportunity to get a 3DS capture card which is built with quality and care in mind. Can anyone update me on these matters? I know the boards are a little inactive right now, but any concrete answers I can receive would be helpful, especially if they are in regards to the progress or continuation of building and selling these capture cards. Thank you and have a nice day!

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:53 pm

3DSUser wrote:Hello!

I just registered to these boards to ask a little bit more about the Loopy 3DS capture card builds and when they will next be available. From what I gather, the answer is "when the 3DS XL models are completed". However, little information or posting on this board is done in regards to the progress on this. I've become kind of worried, as I've heard nothing but negative things about the competition's builds, and I would like to not miss out on an opportunity to get a 3DS capture card which is built with quality and care in mind. Can anyone update me on these matters? I know the boards are a little inactive right now, but any concrete answers I can receive would be helpful, especially if they are in regards to the progress or continuation of building and selling these capture cards. Thank you and have a nice day!
No updates yet, sorry. Hopefully we'll hear something soon, but until then, I just check the forum.

3DSUser

Post by 3DSUser » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:24 am

desocietas wrote:
3DSUser wrote:Hello!

No updates yet, sorry. Hopefully we'll hear something soon, but until then, I just check the forum.

Oh darn!

Well, if nothing is said by the end of the month, I'll reevaluate my options. Thanks!

jaderocc

Post by jaderocc » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:02 pm

3DSUser wrote: Oh darn!

Well, if nothing is said by the end of the month, I'll reevaluate my options. Thanks!
i wouldn't hold my breath. get a new 3ds to stream over ntr for now if you want to start streaming any type soon, and check the site/boards on the daily.. i been tryna cop one for 7-8 months now, they only gonna be available for a few hours when they available and u gotta be quick to get em...

3DSUser

Post by 3DSUser » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:55 am

jaderocc wrote:
3DSUser wrote: Oh darn!

i wouldn't hold my breath. get a new 3ds to stream over ntr for now if you want to start streaming any type soon, and check the site/boards on the daily.. i been tryna cop one for 7-8 months now, they only gonna be available for a few hours when they available and u gotta be quick to get em...

I really don't like this workaround due to the reliance on a consistent wifi connection, which is something which hasn't been perfected yet even on the best of routers.

I will hold my breath for the time being, and hope that Loopy manages to pull through! If not, then I wouldn't mind buying one of his modded 3DSs off of another user, though I doubt that anyone is eager to sell theirs as of right now.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:05 am

I have XL boards in. They're not up for sale yet because the software needs updating.

3DSUser

Post by 3DSUser » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:13 am

loopy wrote:Image

I have XL boards in. They're not up for sale yet because the software needs updating.

Oh my!! I can't wait to get my hands on one!