XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

loopy
Site Admin

XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by loopy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:21 pm

Izagar wrote:Question, loopy. Will you be able to make the capture card for the new Nintendo 3DS? The ones with the cover swapping? :3
Guest wrote:Once you finish your work with the 3ds XL capture card, I know you had mentioned you would look into a 2ds capture card. Do you know if this will take just as long as the 3ds XL did, or do you think it would be shorter due to having a similar screen display to the original 3ds (and thus you having the appropriate experience)? I'm in no rush to get one but after hearing about the progress on the XL cards and seeing the gamecube controller mod for a 2ds no less I'm a little hyped!
Guest wrote:Will you make one for the XL one? Can you focus on the XL one first this time? :)
I've been waiting for a XL board forever and it would be great to finally get one with the new model.
Guest wrote:Noo :( I've still got $500 set aside for when Loopy gets 2ds down
Freddie wrote:Hello loopy, is there any estimate on what the price will be for a 3DS XL Capture Card instillation?
Also, do you think you will be taking 3DS XL Capture Card installation orders within the next two weeks? Thank you.

Some final (I hope) XL boards should be in hand before the end of the month. What that means for you, I don't have an answer yet. It's a limited run of boards, there is work on the software yet to be done, it will take time to get up to speed on the install process. The price isn't set, but I was thinking around $200ish. Part of the reason it's taken forever is the board has been almost completely redesigned. It's gone through like 4 revisions now... new firmware, new programming & testing tools, reverse engineering the flashing interface because the IC manufacturer won't release it :x and other headaches. The good news is all that's done now. Nothing needs to change for 2DS and New 3DS except the board shape, so those can be done fairly quickly.

I know it's not an answer to WHENNNN???!?, just wanted to say that it's still coming along.

pilfercpu

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by pilfercpu » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Sweet, I can't wait! I'll be definitely looking out to get a pre-installed 3DS XL when they're available.

Kei

Post by Kei » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Awesome, but what about the current board for "old" 3DS? Will it be continued just like the DS capture board?

ShaKage

Post by ShaKage » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Nice man!
Does it mean you are gonna sell the normal 3DS boards cheaper now?
I was gonna order a second one. Saving a bit of money helps lol

Sutivu

Post by Sutivu » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:50 pm

loopy wrote: Some final (I hope) XL boards should be in hand before the end of the month. What that means for you, I don't have an answer yet. It's a limited run of boards, there is work on the software yet to be done, it will take time to get up to speed on the install process. The price isn't set, but I was thinking around $200ish. Part of the reason it's taken forever is the board has been almost completely redesigned. It's gone through like 4 revisions now... new firmware, new programming & testing tools, reverse engineering the flashing interface because the IC manufacturer won't release it :x and other headaches. The good news is all that's done now. Nothing needs to change for 2DS and New 3DS except the board shape, so those can be done fairly quickly.

I know it's not an answer to WHENNNN???!?, just wanted to say that it's still coming along.
I know that I post always this question but, the european distributor (merki.com) will receive the boards in the same time? Same number and such?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:09 pm

Yes. When I start selling them, he will as well.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Thanks for the updates, Loopy!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Kei wrote:Awesome, but what about the current board for "old" 3DS? Will it be continued just like the DS capture board?
Yes, "old" 3DS boards won't go away, though they'll probably be redesigned too at some point.
ShaKage wrote:Nice man!
Does it mean you are gonna sell the normal 3DS boards cheaper now?
I was gonna order a second one. Saving a bit of money helps lol
I don't know yet. Possibly, but nothing will change until the XL ones are ready.

demonku

Post by demonku » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Thanks for giving us an update, and your effort into perfecting your capture card is much appreciated.

I won't need a 3DS capture card til next year, so I can't wait to do business with you then. :D

Freddie

Post by Freddie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Sweet! Is there any way I could pre-order a 3DSXL board, because I really need one and don't want you to run out because of your limited quantity before I order one :)