XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

loopy
Site Admin

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by loopy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:31 pm

onthelam wrote:Awesome news! I really hope the mac beta software a user released a while ago will still work with the new boards.
No, it won't work with the mac beta software, unfortunately.
Any OSX developers around here? ;)

bornadragon

Post by bornadragon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Cool, did not know there's a forum for this site. for a year now, I been contemplating getting a capture card for my 3ds xl and this might be the place to get one. Just to reconfirm the 3ds xl capture card kit will not be available until the end if next month ?

EMegamanu

Post by EMegamanu » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:26 pm

loopy wrote:Some final (I hope) XL boards should be in hand before the end of the month. What that means for you, I don't have an answer yet. It's a limited run of boards, there is work on the software yet to be done, it will take time to get up to speed on the install process. The price isn't set, but I was thinking around $200ish. Part of the reason it's taken forever is the board has been almost completely redesigned. It's gone through like 4 revisions now... new firmware, new programming & testing tools, reverse engineering the flashing interface because the IC manufacturer won't release it :x and other headaches. The good news is all that's done now. Nothing needs to change for 2DS and New 3DS except the board shape, so those can be done fairly quickly.

I know it's not an answer to WHENNNN???!?, just wanted to say that it's still coming along.
Hello Loopy.

Some news about the future release of your own 3DS XL Capture Cards ? I guess you have too much work with the classic 3DS Capture Card for now ?

TheCPKStudios

Post by TheCPKStudios » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:43 pm

loopy wrote:
Izagar wrote:Question, loopy. Will you be able to make the capture card for the new Nintendo 3DS? The ones with the cover swapping? :3
Guest wrote:Once you finish your work with the 3ds XL capture card, I know you had mentioned you would look into a 2ds capture card. Do you know if this will take just as long as the 3ds XL did, or do you think it would be shorter due to having a similar screen display to the original 3ds (and thus you having the appropriate experience)? I'm in no rush to get one but after hearing about the progress on the XL cards and seeing the gamecube controller mod for a 2ds no less I'm a little hyped!
Guest wrote:Will you make one for the XL one? Can you focus on the XL one first this time? :)
I've been waiting for a XL board forever and it would be great to finally get one with the new model.
Guest wrote:Noo :( I've still got $500 set aside for when Loopy gets 2ds down
Freddie wrote:Hello loopy, is there any estimate on what the price will be for a 3DS XL Capture Card instillation?
Also, do you think you will be taking 3DS XL Capture Card installation orders within the next two weeks? Thank you.

Some final (I hope) XL boards should be in hand before the end of the month. What that means for you, I don't have an answer yet. It's a limited run of boards, there is work on the software yet to be done, it will take time to get up to speed on the install process. The price isn't set, but I was thinking around $200ish. Part of the reason it's taken forever is the board has been almost completely redesigned. It's gone through like 4 revisions now... new firmware, new programming & testing tools, reverse engineering the flashing interface because the IC manufacturer won't release it :x and other headaches. The good news is all that's done now. Nothing needs to change for 2DS and New 3DS except the board shape, so those can be done fairly quickly.

I know it's not an answer to WHENNNN???!?, just wanted to say that it's still coming along.
Loopy, Im not sure if this was answered but how much would it cost if i wanted you to send me a 3DS XL with the capture board installed and ready for use?

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:42 am

I'll probably buy one when the New 3ds board comes out.

Gam3rsmedia

Post by Gam3rsmedia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:27 am

Loopy, Im not sure if this was answered but how much would it cost if i wanted you to send me a 3DS XL with the capture board installed and ready for use?[/quote]

I believe he said $200 or something like that for a SEND IN service.
If you buy everything from him its probably along the line of $400+ dollars with a brand new 3DS XL + Capture Board which isn't bad if you don't already have a 3DS XL.

Gam3rsmedia

Post by Gam3rsmedia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:30 am

Loopy how much longer do you think its going to take? Will you be able to accept orders by the end of October?
Also the GameCube controller mod is awesome, and I really would like to see if its possible to get that on a 3DS XL.

MidwayCJ

Post by MidwayCJ » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:05 am

Gam3rsmedia wrote:Loopy how much longer do you think its going to take? Will you be able to accept orders by the end of October?
Also the GameCube controller mod is awesome, and I really would like to see if its possible to get that on a 3DS XL.
Loopy is super busy and she's said he doesn't have a release date.

TheBlackLink

Post by TheBlackLink » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Nice, I'll be looking forward to sending my 3DS XL in whenever they're ready and available!

tombomb

Post by tombomb » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:53 pm

MidwayCJ wrote:
Gam3rsmedia wrote:Loopy how much longer do you think its going to take? Will you be able to accept orders by the end of October?
Loopy is super busy and she's said he doesn't have a release date.
Loopy is a dude...