XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

TheMonsterAtlas

Re: XL, 2DS, New 3DS, etc

Post by TheMonsterAtlas » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:12 am

Dang it Loopy! Just when I had enough money to purchase a capture card for my charity stream, the card sell out! :'(

MidwayCJ

Post by MidwayCJ » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:46 am

tombomb wrote:
MidwayCJ wrote:
Gam3rsmedia wrote:Loopy how much longer do you think its going to take? Will you be able to accept orders by the end of October?
Also the GameCube controller mod is awesome, and I really would like to see if its possible to get that on a 3DS XL.
Loopy is super busy and she's said he doesn't have a release date.
Loopy is a dude...
Considering I said 'he' after 'she's' it might have been a good idea to consider the first was a typo.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:46 pm

Didn't you say the the goal is to have the 3DS XL Capture Cars before Smash? Well smash has already come out. Do you know when the 3DS capture card will come out?

MidwayCJ

Post by MidwayCJ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Guest wrote:Didn't you say the the goal is to have the 3DS XL Capture Cars before Smash? Well smash has already come out. Do you know when the 3DS capture card will come out?
No. He was trying to get as many 3DSs he had to mod out before Smash. When he has a date he'll announce it.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:30 pm

He's not wrong, I've been promising to have it done for ... I don't know, a long time. Doing nothing but board installations for the last 3 weeks kinda put it on hold. It's done when it's done. It's almost done. There's not much more I can say than that.

Lucario-Player

Post by Lucario-Player » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:41 pm

I'll actually defend loopy here and also agree with the "it will be done when it's done" phrase he said above.

It's something that takes time, and seeing everyone want it, just like the Gamecube Controller mod just... makes me feel bad since I know the feeling in making videos (people begging me for almost a year to continue my Animal Crossing videos when I wasn't even close to being in the mood for it, and still not even though I did restart the series kind)

For those that ask "when will the XL devices come out"

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=757&p=2425&hilit=Pokemon+X#p2425

He's been trying and would have wanted to have them out last year before Pokemon X/Y but didn't have time, just like with the Audio via USB update which took about 1 and 1/2 years to come out.

He's trying, and asking every week isn't going to make it come out faster.

Just adding in my 2 cents due to the fact people keep asking about it.

Also, sorry loopy if this was a bit much, just keep seeing people asking for it when you've even said it a good amount of times hahaha... (although hearing that it's almost done is some good news)

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Loopy is a one man company. If you guys want him to keep his current production rate (which is extremely high in my opinion considering everything) He obviously has to make sacrifices here and there. If putting a product's release date a bit further back, to ensure not only 3DS Capture card quality, but also to ensure a great 3DS Capture Card, I don't think it's a big deal.

But to be honest I don't think anyone's ragging on Loopy to begin with.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:33 am

Excellent quality as well as assisting folks who have or will purchase cards with questions, repairs, and more. This is an extremely busy time with limited supplies while also redesigning boards and thinking of ways to further improve his awesome stuff.

I'll keep waiting patiently for future updates - no pressure, of course :)

Gam3rsmedia

Post by Gam3rsmedia » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Its w.e, smash bros 3DS isn't amazing anyways guys. Just look at all the people destroying their analog sticks during the beta.
Call that happening months ago! Anyways I'm looking forward to the OR & AS pokemon remakes.

LVNeptune

Post by LVNeptune » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:57 am

Any chance you can confirm or deny that the XL capture board will support the Mugen Power Extended Battery? http://mugen.co/nintendo/nintendo-3ds-x ... -door.html