CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux (and Mac

Post by Guest » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:09 pm

I hope for a speedy recovery. <3

NintenLady

Post by NintenLady » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:02 am

Any luck with the audio for this program?

And I do too also hope for a speedy recovery.

bjj0001

Cute(3)DSCapture is NOT yet compatible with macOS Sierra!

Post by bjj0001 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:36 pm

If you want my business in the future:

A) Your hardware must be compatible with New Nintendo 3DS (non-XL) hardware.
B) Your Cute3DSCapture.app must always be compatible with the latest macOS release (currently 10.12 Sierra), which in this case is not yet supported.

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:26 pm

bjj0001 wrote:If you want my business in the future:

A) Your hardware must be compatible with New Nintendo 3DS (non-XL) hardware.
According to this post: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2555&start=30#p11695

loopy is likely going to work on the New 3DS XL capture boards only, and not the New 3DS non-XL because the XL systems are far more popular.
bjj0001 wrote:B) Your Cute3DSCapture.app must always be compatible with the latest macOS release (currently 10.12 Sierra), which in this case is not yet supported.
Please note that loopy is NOT the one working on the Mac software for this. loopy only supports Windows at the moment, someone else is making the Mac app.

Also, please, you have no right to demand anything such as saying "If you want my business in the future:". Loopy is doing this as a favor to everyone who wants to record 3DS, something that no one else was able to think of (until katsukity came by and lied by saying loopy copied him), I can bet that if Loopy only makes New 3DS XL capture cards, and loses you as a customer because you only have a regular New 3DS, there will be five people replacing you who would be fine with an XL. If you go for katsukity, godspeed, he is terrible from what I have heard from others in terms of customer service.

SHCommunity

Post by SHCommunity » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Hey so the 3ds capture card works with the newest Mac version which is AMAZING but the ds one doesn't it crashes when I plug in my usb any fixes?

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:53 pm

SHCommunity wrote:Hey so the 3ds capture card works with the newest Mac version which is AMAZING but the ds one doesn't it crashes when I plug in my usb any fixes?
Not yet, we're still waiting on gRuFtY, who, last we heard, was in the hospital for depression. Getting help for that is much more important, so CuteDSCapture was put on the back burner. If there is any news, gRuFtY will likely post it here, but if I somehow get any information, I'll be sure to post it here as well.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Hi there!

It's about time that I get back in touch with you folks.
Sorry about my lack of support. As skipster said, I've been struggling with depression and have been in hospital for that. I know many people won't be interested in the details, but I feel like it's important to talk about those things. If you're not interested in that, feel free to skip the next paragraph.

Still reading? Cool :D I'll try to keep this short anyways.
I have been in hospital in September and October because of severe depression. August was probably the worst month, I planed on committing suicide back then (I'm glad I didn't actually do that), but it started months earlier and lasted longer then the stay in the hospital. I'm slowly getting back on track, I started doing important tasks I didn't do while the depression was stronger and I'm finally starting to do the things I like again. I know, it doesn't sound intuitive that I start doing the things I like last, but that's just how it is for me.
During the bad time, my work on CDC and C3C was one of the first hobbies I stopped doing because it started to feel like work. Although I like creating this software, it's already good enough for my personal purpose and making it work for others is mostly just that: work. I needed to drop hobbies like that to recover.
Fortunately since late December I feel much better thanks to new medication. This means I can finally get back to CuteCapture and try to make it work for your use cases as well.

So, what does that mean? Will I release a new and shiny version of the software tomorrow, with all the features you ever wanted and all those you never dreamed of? Well, no. Sorry, I'm not that fast.
But it means I'll try to be active in this thread again, listen to your problems, try to help you fix them and work towards audio and mac support. I can't and won't give an ETA on that, that never really worked for me ^^"
About the new 3DS support: I can't really tell you something about that right now. I'd love to make that happen, but I don't currently own a new 3DS, especially not one with a capture unit. Ages ago Loopy mentioned that the new 3DS is a bit harder to initialize, I'd need to get in contact with him for that, but having no unit I could test my code with makes developing this hard. Unfortunately I can't currently afford a new 3DS with capture unit, so I guess this is won't happen in the near future, as much as I'd love to make it happen. Sorry!

jaderocc

Post by jaderocc » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:30 pm

gRuFtY wrote:Hi there!

It's about time that I get back in touch with you folks.
Sorry about my lack of support. As skipster said, I've been struggling with depression and have been in hospital for that. I know many people won't be interested in the details, but I feel like it's important to talk about those things. If you're not interested in that, feel free to skip the next paragraph.

Still reading? Cool :D I'll try to keep this short anyways.
I have been in hospital in September and October because of severe depression. August was probably the worst month, I planed on committing suicide back then (I'm glad I didn't actually do that), but it started months earlier and lasted longer then the stay in the hospital. I'm slowly getting back on track, I started doing important tasks I didn't do while the depression was stronger and I'm finally starting to do the things I like again. I know, it doesn't sound intuitive that I start doing the things I like last, but that's just how it is for me.
During the bad time, my work on CDC and C3C was one of the first hobbies I stopped doing because it started to feel like work. Although I like creating this software, it's already good enough for my personal purpose and making it work for others is mostly just that: work. I needed to drop hobbies like that to recover.
Fortunately since late December I feel much better thanks to new medication. This means I can finally get back to CuteCapture and try to make it work for your use cases as well.

So, what does that mean? Will I release a new and shiny version of the software tomorrow, with all the features you ever wanted and all those you never dreamed of? Well, no. Sorry, I'm not that fast.
But it means I'll try to be active in this thread again, listen to your problems, try to help you fix them and work towards audio and mac support. I can't and won't give an ETA on that, that never really worked for me ^^"
About the new 3DS support: I can't really tell you something about that right now. I'd love to make that happen, but I don't currently own a new 3DS, especially not one with a capture unit. Ages ago Loopy mentioned that the new 3DS is a bit harder to initialize, I'd need to get in contact with him for that, but having no unit I could test my code with makes developing this hard. Unfortunately I can't currently afford a new 3DS with capture unit, so I guess this is won't happen in the near future, as much as I'd love to make it happen. Sorry!
i'm sure i speak for everyone when i say i'm so glad you're starting to be feeling better!!! i know personally that stuff aint easy to deal with and it's awesome that you're feeling well enough to drop by and give us an update. please know that your work is super appreciated, and i know i'm anticipating what you have in store for the mac heads on here :^) thank you!!!

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Grufty, good to see you back!

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:23 pm

So I just realized I still don't have builds ready for Ubuntu and Debian. I guess I'll work on those and the Mac Version first, so more people can use CuteCapture. Audio will follow after that.

Speaking of the mac version - Many people asked me if they could help me with that. I'm thinking of creating a Discord server for that, cause I could need some people with experience in developing for mac and some people testing the beta-builds. So... If you're a mac and discord user and interested in helping me with distributing or testing the mac build, feel free to message me. If I can find a few interested people, that could speed this up quite a bit, if it works out the way I intend.