CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

gRuFtY

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux (and Mac

Post by gRuFtY » Tue May 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Oh, videos! Very nice, thank you!
I'll have a look at them tomorrow and I'll try to figure out why that happens.

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Tue May 10, 2016 10:33 pm

OK. If I can do anything else to help, testing, longer videos, etc., just let me know :)

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Tue May 10, 2016 10:36 pm

I'll probably come back to that around the end of this week. I'll try to get the new builds for Mac out as soon as possible and just hope that that will help. If not I'll prepare a debug version for you which will hopefully help me figure out what is happening.

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Tue May 10, 2016 10:37 pm

Reubster101 wrote:Hey, I managed to get the audio to come through my mac by using line in to USB converter. However Cute3DS doesn't output the game audio, I've tried with/without headphones in both the original port and with the new USB one (It has a headphone slot & Line in slot). I have tried it with the program Dualcapture which only seems to output the game audio if I press record, after that I am able to hear audio. but it's not a great setup as the framerate decreases to around 10-15 FPS. So I now know it isn't my Capture Card or my Macbook Pro. Is there anything you can do with the software please? There are no preferences available and I believe that may be key to getting audio through if that were available as an option. Also when it's ready the USB audio.

Thank you. :)
If you just want to be able to hear the audio through your computer, try this program called LineIn https://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/ . You can select the input and output for it. Not sure if a recording software will pick it up, so if you want to record it, try OBS https://obsproject.com/download#mac

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Tue May 10, 2016 10:45 pm

Reubster101 wrote:Hey, I managed to get the audio to come through my mac by using line in to USB converter. However Cute3DS doesn't output the game audio, I've tried with/without headphones in both the original port and with the new USB one (It has a headphone slot & Line in slot). I have tried it with the program Dualcapture which only seems to output the game audio if I press record, after that I am able to hear audio. but it's not a great setup as the framerate decreases to around 10-15 FPS. So I now know it isn't my Capture Card or my Macbook Pro. Is there anything you can do with the software please? There are no preferences available and I believe that may be key to getting audio through if that were available as an option. Also when it's ready the USB audio.

Sorry, I missed that post :O
Currently C3C can't play the audio. I am working on that feature, but I still have problems (regarding buffers, if someone wants to know that). So for now you'll need something that redirect your LineIn to your Speakers/Headphones. What theskipster suggested seems like a good idea, until I find a solution for the audio issues. No ETA for that, sorry :C

Post by Guest » Thu May 12, 2016 12:01 am

So i tested the whole SFML Frameworks thing that Reubster101 mentioned a while ago and it works perfectly! Thanks for that! Now to figure out how to get the audio to work.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:23 am

You're welcome. :)

Your mac will need an audio line in slot, the recent models of macs don't have them so in that case get a usb adapter, it will work and I've tried Dual Caprute and the audio comes in if you record which lowers the framerate to around 20 which is a big pain. There will be some loud feedback, get a noise filter and until then lower the volume of the 3ds and then turn up the mac audio so it's less noticable.

But if you do find a way please post it here for everyone to see, I'm really desperate for it.

:D

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:41 am

Gonna try that program, for some reason I didn't get notifications like I have been doing lately. I'll let you know if it works.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:45 am

theskpister, thank you so much. It worked perfectly, you have no idea how happy I am, now I don't have to use another computer and the pressure of saving up for one is gone. This should be added to the front page including information about all the cables necessary. :D

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Thu May 12, 2016 1:05 am

No problem Reubster, glad I could help :)