CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

theskipster

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux (and Mac

Post by theskipster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:31 pm

OK, so I download the CuteDSCapture.dmg, just to see what it looked like on my Mac. I don't have my DS capture card yet, still waiting on it arriving from eBay so I can ship it to Loopy. However, when I open the software, it immediately crashes. The only things I have done are open the .dmg, drag the application to the Applications folder, and try to launch it. Do I have to have the DS connected to my computer for it to work properly? Or is something else wrong? Any help is much appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, running OS X El Capitan 10.11.3. Not sure if that's important or not.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:34 pm

That's kind of a know bug. Unfortunately I don't own any Macs myself and haven't had the opportunity to get some help from someone does, so i couldn't yet fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience :C

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Dang. So is the bug that it doesn't work when the DS is not connected, or will it just not work at all on my computer?

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:37 am

Sorry for not answering sooner. I've just moved into a new apartment and had been kept busy.

At the moment, you won't be able to use the software at all. I'll try to find someone with a mac who is willing to help me develop for it, but I won't promise you that that will happen soon. Sorry :C

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Well... shit. I don't suppose that I could help at all, seeing that I can't meet you in person and I have no software developing skills whatsoever right? If I know anybody that could help, could they help you, even if they can't meet you in person either?

EDIT: Do you know if I could emulate windows on my mac, using a program such as Parallels, if I would be able to hook up the DS to that? I would think that it would work, and you probably don't know, but it's worth asking. I know for a fact that launching to program works fine, but I don't have the DS to test it yet.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Meeting in person is not the problem, but I need someone with development skills, a mac and a 3ds with a capture unit. If you know someone who fulfils these requirements, be sure to let me know! :)

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Sun May 08, 2016 10:20 am

I had the same problem, here's the solution. :)

What you need to do is download this: http://www.sfml-dev.org/download/sfml/2.2/
Go to your Library folder and create a new folder titled: Frameworks

Extract the SFML folder from the .tar file, then open the Frameworks folder inside.

Next, move all of the files from the Frameworks folder that's in the SFML folder to the Frameworks folder in Library
Lastly move all of the files from the extlibs folder that's in the SFML folder to the Frameworks folder in Library

That should do it. :)

-Reuben.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Mon May 09, 2016 12:19 am

That's a nice workaround. I think someone mentioned it somewhen, but I should probably put it into the opening post of this thread until I have the opportunity to provide a working binary build for Mac.
Also the Ubuntu and Debian builds are being build right now! I think I should be able to add them to the opening post tomorrow! :)

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Mon May 09, 2016 1:21 am

Cool, glad I could help. :) It's worth noting that if someone installs Cute(3)DS on their mac and switch users they will have to do the same download and file transfer for every other user.

I'll be able to try the program in a few hours as my 3DS is on its way, do you have any updates about USB audio at all?

Thank you.

-Reuben.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Mon May 09, 2016 2:18 pm

I tried Cute(3)DS with my new capture card today and I have used a male to male ausio cable and can't hear the audio through my mac, I've also tried with splitters and it doesn't work. I know the cables work because I have around 3 of each.