CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

gRuFtY

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux (and Mac

Post by gRuFtY » Mon May 09, 2016 2:50 pm

If you don't have sound and are sure that it's not the cable, than probably it's the audio port. As this software doesn't interfere with how the audio is send to the speakers and the audio port of the DS, it can't be the software. You should probably ask in a separated Topic.
Just two more thoughts: You did make sure that the Mac is configured to pass the audio you capture to the speakers? (e.g. by connecting a mobile phone or something instead of your DS?) And you made sure to turn up the volume on the DS? If it's neither of these problems, it's probably the hardware.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:10 pm

When I just have the line in cable connected it thinks that it's headphones and when I have the splitter in I can hear the sound from the 3DS but only through my headphones, it bypasses my computer and there's an awful lot of feedback on my end. I have seen some other splitters that have a headphone connection and microphone connection and that all connects to a USB, could that be a solution?

Thank you. :)

-Reuben.

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Mon May 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Sorry, but that shouldn't be my softwares fault. Please open a new topic for that problem if you need help.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Thank you. I will do.

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Tue May 10, 2016 2:24 am

Reubster101 wrote:I had the same problem, here's the solution. :)

What you need to do is download this: http://www.sfml-dev.org/download/sfml/2.2/
Go to your Library folder and create a new folder titled: Frameworks

Extract the SFML folder from the .tar file, then open the Frameworks folder inside.

Next, move all of the files from the Frameworks folder that's in the SFML folder to the Frameworks folder in Library
Lastly move all of the files from the extlibs folder that's in the SFML folder to the Frameworks folder in Library

That should do it. :)

-Reuben.
I tried what you said, but when I plug in my DS (Not 3DS, a regular DS Phat) after doing that with CuteDSCapture, it immediately closes. No "Closed unexpectedly", it just closes. I have tried all different combinations of opening the program, plugging the cable into the computer, and plugging it into the DS. Any ideas?

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:38 am

Sorry, I only use 3DS capture/ :(

gRuFtY

Post by gRuFtY » Tue May 10, 2016 12:20 pm

That sounds an aweful lot like the software crashes while initializing your capture card.
Could you verify that it's not a problem with the hardware? E.g. by using it with the windows software? If your capture unit works with the windows version, than it's a bug with my software I'm currently not aware of.
If it is the softwares fault, you might be lucky - Today I started working on the binary build for Mac again. I hope by the end of the week I might be able to release a build working on most Macs. Maybe that will fix your problem, too.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Tue May 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Hey, I managed to get the audio to come through my mac by using line in to USB converter. However Cute3DS doesn't output the game audio, I've tried with/without headphones in both the original port and with the new USB one (It has a headphone slot & Line in slot). I have tried it with the program Dualcapture which only seems to output the game audio if I press record, after that I am able to hear audio. but it's not a great setup as the framerate decreases to around 10-15 FPS. So I now know it isn't my Capture Card or my Macbook Pro. Is there anything you can do with the software please? There are no preferences available and I believe that may be key to getting audio through if that were available as an option. Also when it's ready the USB audio.

Thank you. :)

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Tue May 10, 2016 5:41 pm

gRuFtY wrote:That sounds an aweful lot like the software crashes while initializing your capture card.
Could you verify that it's not a problem with the hardware? E.g. by using it with the windows software? If your capture unit works with the windows version, than it's a bug with my software I'm currently not aware of.
If it is the softwares fault, you might be lucky - Today I started working on the binary build for Mac again. I hope by the end of the week I might be able to release a build working on most Macs. Maybe that will fix your problem, too.
I'll test it once I get home from school. I'll test it on another Mac, a Windows virtual machine on a Mac, and a regular Windows machine.

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Tue May 10, 2016 9:52 pm

OK, I tested out my DS. Worked perfectly on a Windows 7 computer with the driver installed, had a weird glitchy thing in a Windows 8 Virtual Machine (though I assume that's because it's a virtual machine and I never installed the driver in this one), and the crash on startup for OS X. Links to short clips of each below:

Windows 7 Test (Got kinda distorted in editing software. Sorry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwgqG1iinzw
Windows 8 Virtual Machine Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh6o17ZhabI
OS X Test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpXcUotyAhg