CuteCapture - Capture Software for Linux and Mac

Reubster101

Re: Cute(3)DSCapture - A Capture Software for Linux (and Mac

Post by Reubster101 » Mon May 30, 2016 1:36 am

Are there anymore updates to the software?

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Mon May 30, 2016 4:14 am

Reubster101 wrote:Are there anymore updates to the software?
Still waiting on gRuFtY. Hasn't been online since the twelfth. Don't know what happened. Hopefully be back soon, but nothing so far :(

MetagameMike

Post by MetagameMike » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:35 am

So it looks like this application doesn't run on OSX El Capitan. Any idea when a fix could happen?

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:22 pm

We really NEED this to be updated for USB Audio support, having too many cables connectedd overworks my mac unfortunately and even if I just have the USB in there can be frame rate isues and the capture card disconnecting. It's super frustrating. It never happens on PC, but our PCs aren't very poewrful or my own.

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Hopefully gRuFtY gets back soon, looks like the most recent time online was still May 12. We'll just have to wait and see I guess, nothing much else to do.

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:29 pm

I found gRuFtY's twitter, I'm gonna send them a PM and ask if they know anything. :)

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:51 am

They got back to me and said that they're going to put some time into it as they have some free time these next few months! :D

April

Post by April » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:15 pm

Has there been any recent progress on the CuteDSCapture binary? Like others, I downloaded it but the application was just crashing as soon as I plugged in my DS. I made sure I had the most recent SFML files, but now instead of crashing the app gives me an error saying "Check with the developer to make sure CuteDSCapture works with this version of OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and OS X."

I've just spent the best part of 4 hours trying to install it from scratch using Hat's instructions on page 5 of this thread, but it didn't work (I've never done any type of coding before ever and most likely did something wrong along the way). Does that method still work? If so, can anyone provide a tutorial for dummies? Is it because I'm using too recent a version of SFML?

Any help would really be appreciated!

theskipster

Post by theskipster » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:54 am

Hey all! I direct messaged gRuFtY on Twitter. Unfortunately, gRuFtY is in the hospital at the moment, recovering from depression. This means that the focus needs to be on recovering, and that not much time can currently be spent on the program here. It could be a while until the program is worked on again. gRuFtY asked me to let you guys know. If I find out anything else, I'll let you guys know (but there probably won't be anything for quite some time, and if there is, gRuFtY will probably post it here).

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:20 am

Thanks for letting us know, theskipster! I'm hoping for the best for gRuFtY and will be thinking of them.