Sending my 3ds in tomorrow. Anything I should know?

someonewhodied

Sending my 3ds in tomorrow. Anything I should know?

Post by someonewhodied » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:47 am

just wondering.

And has support for other video compressers been added into the program yet? Or do I still need a screen-cap program?

Wiltshire

Re: Sending my 3ds in tomorrow. Anything I should know?

Post by Wiltshire » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:00 pm

I just recently sent mine and just got it back. Works perfectly. As for the video codecs for compression. You can use different codecs in the software's built in capturing module. I personally use Lagarith Lossless Codec for my recordings. It's a little smaller than uncompressed footage in file size, yet at the same time Lagarith is uncompressed which gives perfect quality. The only down side is the large files, which isn't an issue for myself because I have a 1TB hard drive in my PC used only as storage space. So yes you can use different codecs in the capturing software.

Another thing you should know is recording sound. You have to have a male to male 3.5mm audio cable. One side goes into the audio filter that Loopy will send you and the other end goes into your PCs 3.5mm Mic Jack.

I like to use Fraps when recording because it has the option to record using an external mic. I just set the external mic as the 3DS audio and I don't have to sync up the audio in an editing program. I record commentary at the same time using Adobe Audition which I then sync up in my preferred editing software.

I hope this information helps you if you run into any troubles or concerns.

Flare

Re: Sending my 3ds in tomorrow. Anything I should know?

Post by Flare » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 am

The 3.5mm cable actually goes into the line in (blue one) jack, so you don't hear random humming from the microphone jack. That fixed my humming audio problem.