So the 3DS XL capture board is never happening, right?

ShadowMario3

Re: So the 3DS XL capture board is never happening, right?

Post by ShadowMario3 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:41 am

ilyich wrote:
Guest wrote:I've been waiting for the xl capture card too. However, I strongly believe that during this down time when the regular board are sold out, loopy should just skip the xl all together and work on the "New 3ds xl" board. I'm more than happy to keep waiting, but deep down I really do wish he would get a helping hand installing the board while he work on new stuff. He got really good potential to make big bucks because I know there are a lot of us willing to buy his art work.
Problem is, there's no point in skipping the XL. They're close to done at this point, why throw out 2ish years of work to start work on another platform, that could easily take another year on his own?
Agreed that if he's already very close to finishing it, there should be no reason to drop it. Will be unfortunate if the XL stops going in production in favor for the New 3DS XL though.

ilyich

Post by ilyich » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:07 am

ShadowMario3 wrote:
ilyich wrote:
Guest wrote:I've been waiting for the xl capture card too. However, I strongly believe that during this down time when the regular board are sold out, loopy should just skip the xl all together and work on the "New 3ds xl" board. I'm more than happy to keep waiting, but deep down I really do wish he would get a helping hand installing the board while he work on new stuff. He got really good potential to make big bucks because I know there are a lot of us willing to buy his art work.
Problem is, there's no point in skipping the XL. They're close to done at this point, why throw out 2ish years of work to start work on another platform, that could easily take another year on his own?
Agreed that if he's already very close to finishing it, there should be no reason to drop it. Will be unfortunate if the XL stops going in production in favor for the New 3DS XL though.
It will, eventually. I doubt it'll be within the next couple months. Pretty sure original 3DS were still sold up until shortly before the 2DS was announced.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 am

When is the xl board coming out?

Roxas1359

Post by Roxas1359 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:40 am

Guest wrote:When is the xl board coming out?
No set date yet. The boards are done but he needs to update the software before he starts selling them.
If I'm posting, it must mean I'm either a) procrastinating on schoolwork, or b) procrastinating on recording.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:57 am

Guest wrote:When is the xl board coming out?
Latest update from Loopy: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1810&start=300#p13140