So the 3DS XL capture board is never happening, right?

Similnom

So the 3DS XL capture board is never happening, right?

Post by Similnom » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:04 am

Listen, I know Loopy is just one person, but gotdang it has been FOREVER and all that's happened is a sprinkling of "It's coming" or "When I can" every once in a while. Got my 3DS XL all ready to go, but nowhere to go unless I send it to that Katsukity fella, but I've heard some not so great things about him. And I could buy a regular 3DS but I really can't afford to buy a new 3DS PLUS pay for the mod. I just have my one single 3DS XL so that's gonna have to do.

Every new big 3DS game release(ORAS, Smash, etc.) people ask if the XL boards are ready, and it's always "soon".

I know I sound like an impatient child, but it's just frustrating that it's been this long without any real progress updates or anything to show for it.

Okay, you can proceed to eat me alive now.

Lucario-Player

Re: So the 3DS XL capture board is never happening, right?

Post by Lucario-Player » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:40 am

Well... I don't mean to sound too rude but considering you haven't seen how many people are still wanting a capture device...

If people want the capture device and want it on the normal 3DS they will order it for the normal 3DS and not care if it isn't on an XL. Until all the orders are done, he can not work on it.

If 100+ people order a normal 3DS to play Pokemon or Super Smash Bros on release, he isn't going to stop and work on a different version of the capture device to fit in the XL when he has that many people breathing down his neck to work on their 3DS. (You've probably seen the people making topics asking "You got my 3DS, right?")

Also, in case you didn't read a post he made a few days ago...

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2048&p=9448#p9448

The current shipment is the last order he is taking until he can work with the XL and start making XL capture devices.

Big reason I can see this being is he's already stated in the past normal 3DSes are getting harder to come by (which is why there is no "pre-installed" option available anymore) and I even read an article that took Loopy's word on it and someone else's word a mont or so ago (I forget where)

Sad thing I will say is, if what is happening in Japan right now will be the case, old XLs may also be taken off the market after a few months of the New 3DSes being on the market according to this article.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/30/ni ... del-japan/

So either way, I can now see that once the New 3DS comes out everywhere else, the XL capture device will be the new "regular capture device" while the "New 3DS" will be the next "XL capture device" in terms of everyone wanting him to work on that one.

lokistarwind

Post by lokistarwind » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:07 am

You need to be patient and simply wait. If you want to make content so hastily, then there are other things you can do in the meantime while working on your technique. If you are able to run 3ds software and record, then you can do stuff with pc games or emulators. It would help when you are able to do 3ds games.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:23 am

Well, the controller mod is cooler...

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Hopefully with this downtime, Loopy can get to work on the New 3DS XL capture board, since it seems that Nintendo will be phasing out the 3DS XL soon. Also, IIRC, didn't Loopy say he's hoping that the new model of the capture board will hopefully be able to fit any model of 3DS, old or new?

In other news, looks like North America will only be getting the New 3DS XL, and not the regular one. That sucks since I was looking forward to the customizable face plates. Hopefully Nintendo will eventually announce them. Nonetheless, will be waiting to pick mine up when Loopy (eventually) sells the capture board preinstalled in it.
triple_lei wrote:Well, the controller mod is cooler...
It definitely did, until the New 3DS came out with that small C-stick at least. I'm sure the adapter will be nice to have for some fighting games.

aintnever

Post by aintnever » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:13 pm

As someone who has been waiting since before OR/AS, before Smash, and before that, I'm willing to bet you should go to katsukity at this point.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:33 am

aintnever wrote:As someone who has been waiting since before OR/AS, before Smash, and before that, I'm willing to bet you should go to katsukity at this point.
I've been waiting since before OR/AS, Smash, and before the new 3Ds was announced, but I'm happy to wait for when Loopy is ready. My want for the device is high, but we all make the choice to stay or go for various reasons.

I'm a variety steamer so I can work on my backlog of non-3DS titles while I wait. However, I know others feel like their streams/broadcasts rely on being able to capture certain titles. In that situation, make your decision to go with whomever you need to, but giving Loopy a hard time won't speed anything up.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 am

I've been waiting for the xl capture card too. However, I strongly believe that during this down time when the regular board are sold out, loopy should just skip the xl all together and work on the "New 3ds xl" board. I'm more than happy to keep waiting, but deep down I really do wish he would get a helping hand installing the board while he work on new stuff. He got really good potential to make big bucks because I know there are a lot of us willing to buy his art work.

Czar_Yoshi

Post by Czar_Yoshi » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:22 am

aintnever wrote:As someone who has been waiting since before OR/AS, before Smash, and before that, I'm willing to bet you should go to katsukity at this point.
This board has had tentative release dates since X and Y. Smash is nothing.

The XL board is almost done and stopping work on it now is not going to happen.

ilyich

Post by ilyich » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Guest wrote:I've been waiting for the xl capture card too. However, I strongly believe that during this down time when the regular board are sold out, loopy should just skip the xl all together and work on the "New 3ds xl" board. I'm more than happy to keep waiting, but deep down I really do wish he would get a helping hand installing the board while he work on new stuff. He got really good potential to make big bucks because I know there are a lot of us willing to buy his art work.
Problem is, there's no point in skipping the XL. They're close to done at this point, why throw out 2ish years of work to start work on another platform, that could easily take another year on his own?