Native N3ds Capture

HarryF

Re: Native N3ds Capture

Post by HarryF » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:09 pm

loopy wrote:It looks interesting, and I'm sure some people will choose it over getting a capture card. Yes, it will probably affect sales to some degree. There will always be demand for hardware mods though (for reasons already pointed out in this thread), I'm not going to give up and shut down business because of it.
Thanks Loopy, this is EXACTLY what I and some of the guys wanted to hear.

Mytoys

Post by Mytoys » Thu May 05, 2016 5:11 pm

loopy wrote:It looks interesting, and I'm sure some people will choose it over getting a capture card. Yes, it will probably affect sales to some degree. There will always be demand for hardware mods though (for reasons already pointed out in this thread), I'm not going to give up and shut down business because of it.

Hey Loopy, would you consider maybe selling the service of doing this to a new 3ds as another alternative for those of us wanting to capture the screen on our system without a hard modification?

Post by Guest » Thu May 05, 2016 6:00 pm

Mytoys wrote:

Hey Loopy, would you consider maybe selling the service of doing this to a new 3ds as another alternative for those of us wanting to capture the screen on our system without a hard modification?
That's very doubtful, considering he would be making money off of another person's work. I'm not sure what the legality of it is, but I'm pretty sure he can't (or wouldn't want to) do that kind of service.

Chromatrope

Post by Chromatrope » Wed May 25, 2016 3:52 pm

There are definitely cases where you'd want a hardmod.

For instance, you can't record DS games with the streaming, and it's not legal for speedrunning normal 3DS games because it requires unlocked CPU and L2 cache to stream, making the normal 3DS games load faster and framedrop less than if a non-modded New 3DS would play them.

masterj360

Post by masterj360 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:48 pm

Its a good alternative if you dont have the money for a hardmod for sure it beats a webcam lol, but dont put all your eggs in 1 basket for it since according to the forums there may not be another progression due to forum drama of the NTR dev.
I know one thing if Loopy decides to start making N3ds boards I'd be happy to buy a service. Ive been using his O3ds board for 3 years now and never had a single issue with it