Native N3ds Capture

Re: Native N3ds Capture

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Learn about your product before you shill for it. You clearly haven't done any research on the subject and I'm not spoon feeding you when you can easily find your answers on reddit with people who tested the capture, myself included. A $200 Hard mod from someone trustworthy (Loopy), no delay/lag will always be better. To even get that NTR working you need to risk downgrading your New3DS which has a decent chance of bricking. If you do brick, then you require a different hard mod to reflash your NAND. NTR CFW crashes the N3DS constantly, even switching apps will crash it. Running the viewer app too long will crash as well because the N3DS is being pushed beyond its limits (bottlenecks everywhere). Anyone who wants to produce good quality content without frustration will get a capture card.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:07 am

Guest wrote:Learn about your product before you shill for it. You clearly haven't done any research on the subject and I'm not spoon feeding you when you can easily find your answers on reddit with people who tested the capture, myself included. A $200 Hard mod from someone trustworthy (Loopy), no delay/lag will always be better. To even get that NTR working you need to risk downgrading your New3DS which has a decent chance of bricking. If you do brick, then you require a different hard mod to reflash your NAND. NTR CFW crashes the N3DS constantly, even switching apps will crash it. Running the viewer app too long will crash as well because the N3DS is being pushed beyond its limits (bottlenecks everywhere). Anyone who wants to produce good quality content without frustration will get a capture card.
Alright, man. Lemme get one thing straight, pal: Downgrading is the safest it has ever been. There's a risk of bricking, sure, but that either happens if 1. Plain bad luck (failure rates with this are incredibly low; technically, even an update from Nintendo could brick you if you're that unlucky) or 2. You use the wrong update files, which the current guide by Pailect makes quite clear about which files are which.

However, Loopy's hardmod will always be better than NTR's streaming because, frankly, the 3DS's wifi card is quite shite, and the hardware isn't fantastic, not to mention all the issues with router hardware etc.

HarryF

Post by HarryF » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:04 am

Not to fuel the fire, but Preview 2 just dropped with 3x - 4x improvement to framerate.

Just thinking how it affects future 3DSXL plans.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:14 am

HarryF wrote:Not to fuel the fire, but Preview 2 just dropped with 3x - 4x improvement to framerate.

Just thinking how it affects future 3DSXL plans.
From the looks of it, it works well with regular 3DS games running at 30fps. Games running at 60fps will still studder on the NTR Viewer and New3DS only games like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D will also have some performance issue since the NTR viewer relies on the New3DS quad-core processor.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Learn about your product before you shill for it. You clearly haven't done any research on the subject and I'm not spoon feeding you when you can easily find your answers on reddit with people who tested the capture, myself included. A $200 Hard mod from someone trustworthy (Loopy), no delay/lag will always be better. To even get that NTR working you need to risk downgrading your New3DS which has a decent chance of bricking. If you do brick, then you require a different hard mod to reflash your NAND. NTR CFW crashes the N3DS constantly, even switching apps will crash it. Running the viewer app too long will crash as well because the N3DS is being pushed beyond its limits (bottlenecks everywhere). Anyone who wants to produce good quality content without frustration will get a capture card.
Alright, man. Lemme get one thing straight, pal: Downgrading is the safest it has ever been. There's a risk of bricking, sure, but that either happens if 1. Plain bad luck (failure rates with this are incredibly low; technically, even an update from Nintendo could brick you if you're that unlucky) or 2. You use the wrong update files, which the current guide by Pailect makes quite clear about which files are which.

However, Loopy's hardmod will always be better than NTR's streaming because, frankly, the 3DS's wifi card is quite shite, and the hardware isn't fantastic, not to mention all the issues with router hardware etc.
There's always a chance to brick when you take the risk to downgrade your 3DS period, especially on the New3DS. It's far from safe or stable, that's why it's recommended to "cross your fingers" whenever you do a downgrade. All it takes is failure on the wrong title to screw you over and I've done this multiple times and the N3DS has always gave some kind of problem.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:26 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There's always a chance to brick when you take the risk to downgrade your 3DS period, especially on the New3DS. It's far from safe or stable, that's why it's recommended to "cross your fingers" whenever you do a downgrade. All it takes is failure on the wrong title to screw you over and I've done this multiple times and the N3DS has always gave some kind of problem.
I've downgraded over 10 N3DS's and the worse that could happen is ending up in a frankenstein firmware or a "partial downgraded" firmware which are both still recoverable from. And like you've mentioned, "All it takes is failure on the wrong title to screw you over", but that's why you check the files to see if they're the right ones (like with safesysupdater). If you're still not sure, just use Plailect's guide which has the right firmware packs you need. Basically, there's actually almost zero risk of bricking and the only way you can brick is if you somehow messed things up. In other words, user error. Downgrading is just as risky as updating your 3DS the normal way right now. Again, the only way to brick your 3DS is through user error, at this point.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:59 pm

It looks interesting, and I'm sure some people will choose it over getting a capture card. Yes, it will probably affect sales to some degree. There will always be demand for hardware mods though (for reasons already pointed out in this thread), I'm not going to give up and shut down business because of it.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 pm

Loopy most people aren't going to want to risk bricking their 3ds like me they'll wait for you to start selling the capture cards for new 3ds XL

Seraphicat

Post by Seraphicat » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:26 pm

I much rather prefer the capture card itself, to be honest. From what I saw in the previews for the software mod, it looks to be slightly slower because it's using the computer and the router to capture it. Plus, there's a bit of risk involved when soft-modding to begin with (I did feel a bit paranoid about putting Homebrew Channel on my Wii U, but I digress). I find the capture cards to be a bit less taxing on the computer's hardware and no strain on the router. I still use my DS Capture whilst streaming to this day with no issues at all and I had it for a good few years, so I am positive that the 3DS capture will last and both are WELL worth the investment.

BTW, if you want to see how well Loopy's 3DS capture works, watch some of Marriland's Pokemon videos.

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:47 pm

I want a capture card because I care about quality and want good looking video. I wouldn't watch tv/movies if they lagged 24/7 and I know people wouldn't watch my content if it lagged 24/7.