Serious question here...

SmithJrBlaquaLuigi

Serious question here...

Post by SmithJrBlaquaLuigi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

So, I'm going to prepare a YouTube gaming and I was going to purchase a 3ds capture card, but i don't think i can do it yet because-

1. I need to make sure there are no crook's, like taking money and 3ds.

2. My parents and grandparents will be upset if Neal didn't return my 3ds back (if not installed the capture card) after purchasing it.

3. I can't afford to take any risk.

4. I can't trust Neal yet. Because he might steal the money and 3ds.

Any advice? Sorry if i sound rude :(

cooroxd

Re: Serious question here...

Post by cooroxd » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:24 pm

SmithJrBlaquaLuigi wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here.

So, I'm going to prepare a YouTube gaming and I was going to purchase a 3ds capture card, but i don't think i can do it yet because-

2. My parents and grandparents will be upset if Neal didn't return my 3ds back (if not installed the capture card) after purchasing it.

What the hell are you talking about? There's only 3 people in this world that makes capture cards

Loopy aka Neal (USA)
Merki (Europe)
Katsukity (Japan)

And who would want to steal your outdated old 3ds?Here's my advice, buy the capture card from Neal, and you install it yourself.

SmithJrBlaquaLuigi

Post by SmithJrBlaquaLuigi » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:38 pm

cooroxd wrote: Who the hell is Neal? There's only 3 people making capture card for 3ds right now.

Loopy (USA)
Merki (Europe)
Katsukity (Japan)

Neal Tew = Loopy

He's a capture card Maker.

I live in USA.
cooroxd wrote:you sound like an idiot.
Well, At least I'm new here and I'm easliy feel offended right now. At least you don't have to be rude if you would care to elaborate. so there's no point calling me an idiot.

cooroxd

Post by cooroxd » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:48 pm

SmithJrBlaquaLuigi wrote:
cooroxd wrote: Who the hell is Neal? There's only 3 people making capture card for 3ds right now.

Loopy (USA)
Merki (Europe)
Katsukity (Japan)

Neal Tew = Loopy

He's a capture card Maker.

I live in USA.
cooroxd wrote:you sound like an idiot.
Well, At least I'm new here and I'm easliy feel offended right now. At least you don't have to be rude if you would care to elaborate. so there's no point calling me an idiot.

I apologize for the insult. But you come in here making accusations about a capture card maker that's not true. On this site and forum and anywhere else, do you see any complaints of loopy not returning a 3ds and money?

If not, do your research and make the decision yourself.
If you are still scared, buy a capture card from loopy and you install it yourself. Installing it requires soldering skills.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:59 pm

SmithJrBlaquaLuigi wrote:Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Heya Smith. Totally understand the concerns. I also felt weird about it, but thought I'd test out the service by sending in an inexpensive DS to get it modded and see what happens. The service was quick and great, so I have no qualms about sending in my N3DS as soon as I get the chance.

Since Neal (Loopy) goes through PayPal, the services you pay for should at least be covered. Loopy has been doing this for many years, and I'm sure you'd be able to find accounts of anyone who has claims of their console being stolen or not returned.

If you don't trust him, then don't get your console modded. Or, like another poster has suggested, you can see about ordering just the card itself and have it installed yourself or by someone you do trust.

nady

Post by nady » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:43 am

If your really concerned then buy a second cheap 3ds off ebay or kijjiji or something and send it.
Personally i waited until several of my friends had sent theirs to him and received them back before I sent mine off and I got it back with no problems.

I'd avoid Katsukity if you can, they're honestly terrible, i purchased my first card from them and it broke 6 months later and they've basically refused to fix it.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Here's my advice. I would start a YouTube channel first and start by creating a Let's Play series with a game you enjoy playing on a PC. There is a lot of work that goes into creating a YouTube channel and/or streaming on Twitch that you might not realize. It's always a good idea to start with what you have easily available to you while you are learning how to create YouTube videos. You may not play many PC games, but there are plenty of inexpensive or even free games that you could play just to see if you will even enjoy creating videos for a YouTube series. I would also recommend looking into the open source program OBS, which is a free program that will allow you to live stream games to Twitch and/or record them for YouTube. Also, make sure you figure out why you want to pursue this. Is this something you will truly enjoy no matter what, or will you only enjoy it if you gain subscribers or make money? One thing to keep in mind is if you do wish to monetize videos using the 3DS, Nintendo has VERY strict guidelines for what you can actually monetize, and even then, they take a substantial cut.

I know this isn't the advice that you are looking for, but I do believe it is sound. Do I think you will be scammed by Loopy? Absolutely not, and there are plenty of satisfied customers on this forum to back that up. Do I believe you should buy a 3DS capture card right now? Honestly...no, and here's why. When you are just starting a hobby you're interested in do you buy the most expensive piece equipment right off the bat? Let's say you wanted to learn guitar. Are you going to buy a $3000 guitar to learn on? Of course not, you are going to go get a nice used guitar for around $100. Buying a 3DS capture card before you even figure out if you enjoy the hobby is like buying that $3000 guitar. You MIGHT really enjoy it, if so, then you will have a really nice guitar. If you don't a VERY expensive instrument will just sit in your closet collecting dust. Go figure out if you enjoy it by creating a series using a PC game so your 3DS capture unit won't sit on the shelf collecting dust.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:14 am

Yeah, I definitely agree with the above post. I got the DS (not 3DS) capture first from Loopy because
1) I wanted to try out his service
2) I wanted to try out streaming
3) it was the cheapest way for me to stream gameplay
4) my computer at the time wasn't powerful enough to handle PC gaming and streaming at the same time but could manage DS streaming

Streaming / content creation isn't for everyone, and starting from scratch with a $400+ investment is an expensive entry point.

If your computer is decent enough to handle PC gaming and OBS (free streaming / recording software), then it's not a bad idea to try that out and see how you like it.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:23 pm

I wouldn't bother because you don't sound old enough to make your own money or decisions. Get a part time job this summer and make your own money, so you don't have to get in trouble with your parents when you want to buy something. Simple research on these forums will show plenty of satisfied customers and plenty of them are waiting for his next product. Loopy has no reason to scam you out of all the people he's installed capture cards for. Definitely hold off on the youtube until you get older.