Installing myself

mrkip3

Installing myself

Post by mrkip3 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Loopy can I get the required parts from you instead of shipping my 3ds to you or can I buy some of the parts at my local electronic store? Just wondering. And I've decided to go into public chats instead of PM because he won't answer there so maybe this will get his attention.

Re: Installing myself

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:03 pm

Haha, good luck with that. I hope you burn a hole in your 3ds' motherboard with a soldering iron

Reubster101

Post by Reubster101 » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Guest wrote:Haha, good luck with that. I hope you burn a hole in your 3ds' motherboard with a soldering iron
Don't be a jerk mate.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:57 am

Guest wrote:Haha, good luck with that. I hope you burn a hole in your 3ds' motherboard with a soldering iron
Yeah...let's not do this, and by that I mean, let's not make any unnecessary drive-by posts alright?

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:03 am

If you think you can just buy parts to build a capture card, then you probably shouldn't think of installing it yourself.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:46 am

Loopy used to sell the card by itself. I know some other posters have tried to reach him about this, but I don't know if they had any luck. Only thing I can suggest is to email him.

Shuino

Post by Shuino » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:43 pm

desocietas wrote:Loopy used to sell the card by itself. I know some other posters have tried to reach him about this, but I don't know if they had any luck. Only thing I can suggest is to email him.
I just sent a PM to him as well. Hopefully I get a response back as I would very much like to do the project myself for fun.

Eric

Post by Eric » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:03 am

desocietas wrote:Loopy used to sell the card by itself. I know some other posters have tried to reach him about this, but I don't know if they had any luck. Only thing I can suggest is to email him.
Hmm, I skimmed through the order forms with the web archive and didn't see this option. It would be nice to have for some people who are experienced with surface mount soldering and actually seems like it could be a fun project. And by a fun project, I actually mean assembling the entire thing, though installing it may be fun too.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just reread his post and /this/
mrkip3 wrote:"or can I buy some of the parts at my local electronic store?"
(¬_¬)

Yeah, that's pretty bad. I guess if he's expecting to purchase proprietary parts from Radioshack or something, he obviously lacks the skillset for installing this.
Well, maybe.

The solderpoints on the FPC that connects this thing to the 3DS's mobo don't look too discouraging… But I wouldn't recommend somebody without a proper soldering station and lack of experience to try it.

Eric

Post by Eric » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Oh, hey! I found the guide!
Loopy's 3DS Capture Card Installation Guide

Guess he did used to sell kits!

Maybe if I ever have the money, I'll try contacting him about purchasing one of them!
And then drop in one of Omniwheel's steel circle pads from Shapeways and have a badass 3DS.