Possible Time on New 3DS XL Capture Kit?

MrMcRelish

Possible Time on New 3DS XL Capture Kit?

Post by MrMcRelish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Good day, I'm just curious as to if the site will offer capture card integration to the New 3DS XL anytime soon. I'm aware of the Katsukitty shop and I haven't been hearing the best things about it, not to say its not a good shop, mainly for me it's out of the US so the shipping that gets to me.

Re: Possible Time on New 3DS XL Capture Kit?

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:14 pm

It's totally understandable that things are going slowly because Loopy is the only one working on it, but it's starting to become a concern that New 3DSXL caps won't be ready in time for Pokemon S/M.

banndsand

Post by banndsand » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:40 pm

I am worried about this as well. I was hoping to get one installed in time for Monster Hunter Generations, but as I live in Canada, I think it would be too late by now. I don't want to rush Loopy, as I've heard he does a great job, but I wish I could give him my money already. :P

cooroxd

Post by cooroxd » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:22 am

I don't know... I got my n3ds back within 2 weeks after shipping it to japan from canada. It seems to me katsukitty got his shit together.

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 am

Yea, I hacked mine for wireless streaming for this reason. I have been checking every day since March since I wanted to make sure to get it on a limited run. But this has gotten ridiculous. Even a small update SOMETIME would be nice.

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:36 am

cooroxd wrote:I don't know... I got my n3ds back within 2 weeks after shipping it to japan from canada. It seems to me katsukitty got his shit together.
lol, a friend of mine sent his N3DS XL to him back in end of May, he's still waiting for it to come back.

cooroxd

Post by cooroxd » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:02 am

MrPerson0 wrote:
cooroxd wrote:I don't know... I got my n3ds back within 2 weeks after shipping it to japan from canada. It seems to me katsukitty got his shit together.
lol, a friend of mine sent his N3DS XL to him back in end of May, he's still waiting for it to come back.
Wow, that's unfortunate. I sent my new 3ds xl from Vancouver, Canada to Japan via UPS on Jun 2 and it arrived in japan by June 8th. After they installed it, It then got shipped back to me by June 10th. Maybe the reason is that my new 3ds xl was limited edition monster hunter 4U lol.

banndsand

Post by banndsand » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:34 pm

cooroxd wrote:
MrPerson0 wrote:
Wow, that's unfortunate. I sent my new 3ds xl from Vancouver, Canada to Japan via UPS on Jun 2 and it arrived in japan by June 8th. After they installed it, It then got shipped back to me by June 10th. Maybe the reason is that my new 3ds xl was limited edition monster hunter 4U lol.
Wow that is incredibly fast for Katsukity.
Mine's the MH4U one as well. Maybe I should ship it out to Japan... I feel like the second I do, Loopy will start taking orders. x_x I wish people were more transparent about this stuff.

Mush1392

Post by Mush1392 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:47 am

Guest wrote:Yea, I hacked mine for wireless streaming for this reason. I have been checking every day since March since I wanted to make sure to get it on a limited run. But this has gotten ridiculous. Even a small update SOMETIME would be nice.
How easy was it to hack it? And are the fps good enough to stream? And what tutorial did you use?

cooroxd

Post by cooroxd » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:58 am

Mush1392 wrote:
Guest wrote:Yea, I hacked mine for wireless streaming for this reason. I have been checking every day since March since I wanted to make sure to get it on a limited run. But this has gotten ridiculous. Even a small update SOMETIME would be nice.
How easy was it to hack it? And are the fps good enough to stream? And what tutorial did you use?
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Read everything, and follow it letter by letter. This tutorial took me about 6 hours first time because I was really careful. I had to be extra careful since my 3ds is already equipped with katsukitty's capture card and I just wanted to be a dirty pirate lol. It was easy to hack it but it's very tedious and long. If you're using wireless stream, the fps depends on how fast your internet is. I tried it before, I get about 25-30 fps with occasional lag spikes. 1 drawback: when you use wireless stream with xenoblade it lags because the new 3ds can't handle the load of xenoblade and wireless stream.

The minimum requirements to hack a 3ds:

If you updated to the recent firmware (11.0), you're fucked. You can still hack it but it will involve you opening up and hard modding it. Soldering skills required.

if you have a 3ds with 10.6 and 10.7, you'll need ocarina of time, cubic ninja, or freaky form games (hard copy only). These games allow you to hack the 3ds

If you have a 3ds with 10.5 or lower, you can use the game mentioned above (if you have it) or you can use the 3ds internet browser to hack your 3ds.