Possible Time on New 3DS XL Capture Kit?

MrPerson0

Re: Possible Time on New 3DS XL Capture Kit?

Post by MrPerson0 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:54 am

cooroxd wrote:
KrazySpike wrote:Okay guys, I finally broke down and bought a katsukity. Guess that means Loopy should announce the sale of his cards any second now..
Don't worry, I also gave up on loopy 2 months ago and bought a capture card from katsukity. And guess what? I sent my new 3dsxl to Japan from Canada, and I got it back installed in less than 2 weeks.
No need to spread this around. I still have a friend who ordered back in early June (from US) and STILL hasn't received word on when his New 3DS XL will be coming back. I do admit that it seems that vinesauce's capture card was fixed pretty quickly by katsukity, but that's probably due to him not being able to afford the bad press for not doing repairs (katsukity doesn't do them for free for regular customers last I recall). I could be wrong on this and vinesauce actually got his 3DS capture card from loopy, as the quick turnaround time for the fix makes sense.

Y2A_Alkis

Post by Y2A_Alkis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:46 am

Well, I just asked Katsukity what the turnaround time right now is: 2-3 months.
I'm still not 100% sold on buying there, because it is waaaaay more expensive to order from Japan (freaking EU import tax). But I'm leaning more towards this option each day passes without a statement from Loopy...

cooroxd

Post by cooroxd » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:17 pm

Y2A_Alkis wrote:Well, I just asked Katsukity what the turnaround time right now is: 2-3 months.
I'm still not 100% sold on buying there, because it is waaaaay more expensive to order from Japan (freaking EU import tax). But I'm leaning more towards this option each day passes without a statement from Loopy...
If you live in Europe, why Loopy? Shipping will be just as expensive and long when you ship to the USA. Your best bet is to go with merki (ted0c) once he releases the new 3ds capture card. It will be the same quality since merki and loopy are partners

Post by Guest » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Whenever we are told whenever that is. Lack of updates, even just checking in once a month, is very frustrating.

Y2A_Alkis

Post by Y2A_Alkis » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:44 pm

cooroxd wrote:
Y2A_Alkis wrote:Well, I just asked Katsukity what the turnaround time right now is: 2-3 months.
If you live in Europe, why Loopy? Shipping will be just as expensive and long when you ship to the USA. Your best bet is to go with merki (ted0c) once he releases the new 3ds capture card. It will be the same quality since merki and loopy are partners
I don't have to ship anything to anywhere when I just buy a complete modded console. And yes, I know merki is the official EU distributor for Loopy's cards. But He can't do anything as long as Loopy doesn't get his stuff together.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:23 am

I'm just waiting on loopy since katsukitty cards look like crap and have some ugly desaturated look to them.

banndsand

Post by banndsand » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:00 pm

MHGen is out. It's why I wanted a capture card. I decided to go out and buy something else with all this cash I've been waiting to give to Loopy for months.
Maybe next time. :/

Post by Guest » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:47 am

hack your 3ds and use the wireless streaming.

Trempest

Post by Trempest » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:52 am

Katsukitty just doesn't come across as reliable, from what I've heard. Not saying you'll never get the system back if you send it; just saying that the track record is not consistent enough for me to put down the payment.

I've heard nothing but good things about Loopy's work, especially from major Youtubers who have used Loopy's capture cards, so in my opinion, a more secure transaction that you need to wait on is better than a sketchy one you can get now.

As long a wait as this is, it's still more promising than Katsukitty's, IMO.

Post by Guest » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:59 am

I really want to agree. But a secure transaction in the future needs any amount of announcement to actually be secure. Right now, it does not exist and won't into the near future.