Sold out?

twiprin

Re: Sold out?

Post by twiprin » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:48 am

Goyavee wrote:
Kieran-Kun wrote:
UnownAlias wrote:Been refreshing this feed for two weeks waiting for that follow-up... We got a month until Sun and Moon... getting real nervous I won't be able to get a capture card by then...
Same here, as a new streamer and somebody who is excited to start making Youtube content for these games I can understand the anxiety.

Though I have faith in Loopy and I'm sure he's trying his hardest to complete his work, so I'm sure that's why he hasn't had time to follow up. We've just got to be patient and support him from distance I suppose.

I really hope there will be enough to purchase from Merki though.
Same, very nervous ! I don't want to buy to Katsukity but if before November there is still no capture card. I would be obliged to do so.

Sorry for Merki and Loppy who do a good work
It's way too late to purchase directly from Katsukity if you're wanting it for Pokemon, especially since you know they're getting an influx of orders for precisely the same reason: Pokemon's releasing. Unless you pay $200 after making your order to "jump the queue" you will not get it in less than a month. Unless you order a new system with it, then maybe.

Now there are some people in the buy/trade/sell section selling Katsukity systems they ordered beforehand to resell, so those are your best bet if Loopy doesn't restock. Them or buying a used system with a capture card from someone no longer interested.

Goyavee

Post by Goyavee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 am

I am waiting since June for a Capture card of Merki. And I would not wait 5-6 months more.

If I buy a capture card now at Katsukity. I'm sure i have the Capture Card before Merki and Loppy have the stock.

I would like Loppy improves communications and say his advanced on the new capture card. Without giving a release date

Kieran-Kun

Post by Kieran-Kun » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Yeah for me there's no way I'm going to get one from Katsuki, I don't really trust them and being in Europe I'm going to wait to purchase a new console with capture card installed from Merki.

Wyiski

Post by Wyiski » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:37 am

I'm sitting here checking the forums like a hawk for any information! Definitely going to be sending my n3ds the moment a service other than Katsukity card! :D

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:20 pm

Question. Did he say which model capture card would be released first when he's finished with them? Was it XL or N3DSXL? Or simultaneous? My XL is falling apart, and I need to get a replacement. I already have an N3DSXL that I got JUST for doing Youtube, so it's already got a profile and software on it that I don't want to lose. So, if he's releasing the O3DSXL card first, then I'd need to get another O3DSXL. If not, then I can go ahead and upgrade THIS one to an N3DS.

Kon

Post by Kon » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:46 pm

Thank God I bought my capture card from katsukity in July or else I still waiting for loopy or merki to released theirs. I don't know what people say about katsukity, I sent my 3ds from Canada to Japan and got it done and sent back within 2 weeks. Also, it's still works today after 3 months constant usage, I've even done 24hrs stream on it. It's sad and pathetic that loopy hasn't released a n3ds capture card before pokemon was released. By the time or if even releases it, it will be too late.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:22 pm

Kon wrote:Thank God I bought my capture card from katsukity in July or else I still waiting for loopy or merki to released theirs. I don't know what people say about katsukity, I sent my 3ds from Canada to Japan and got it done and sent back within 2 weeks. Also, it's still works today after 3 months constant usage, I've even done 24hrs stream on it. It's sad and pathetic that loopy hasn't released a n3ds capture card before pokemon was released. By the time or if even releases it, it will be too late.
Harsh words. You got your capture card; awesome. Loopy is just one person, and a lot of us are happy to wait patiently for his good work. Loopy did open up some sales for folks prior to the release of Pokemon Sun/Moon and, although it wasn't one of the newer models, folks were still happy to get one while they could.

BladeCrossEXE wrote:Question. Did he say which model capture card would be released first when he's finished with them? Was it XL or N3DSXL? Or simultaneous? My XL is falling apart, and I need to get a replacement. I already have an N3DSXL that I got JUST for doing Youtube, so it's already got a profile and software on it that I don't want to lose. So, if he's releasing the O3DSXL card first, then I'd need to get another O3DSXL. If not, then I can go ahead and upgrade THIS one to an N3DS.
Loopy said he'll be releasing the O3DSXLs before the N3DSXLs. You probably already know but you won't be able to go back to an O3DS/2DS if you transfer your NNID to a N3DS console.

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:14 am

Loopy said he'll be releasing the O3DSXLs before the N3DSXLs. You probably already know but you won't be able to go back to an O3DS/2DS if you transfer your NNID to a N3DS console.
Thanks for the clarification. I THOUGHT that's what he said, but I couldn't remember. And, yes, I was aware. :P That's why I was double checking before I bought another 3DS to do the transfer to. So, looks like I'm getting a replacement O3DSXL, and gonna be using my normal profile for my capturing.

twiprin

Post by twiprin » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:44 am

Kon wrote:Thank God I bought my capture card from katsukity in July or else I still waiting for loopy or merki to released theirs. I don't know what people say about katsukity, I sent my 3ds from Canada to Japan and got it done and sent back within 2 weeks. Also, it's still works today after 3 months constant usage, I've even done 24hrs stream on it. It's sad and pathetic that loopy hasn't released a n3ds capture card before pokemon was released. By the time or if even releases it, it will be too late.
No offense, but working after 3 months is not something I want to hear on a potentially $500+ purchase. If I'm paying that much for any product, it better work for at least a year, preferably more. And that's the issue people have with Katsukity: there isn't any consistency with his board's longevity. Some lucky people have managed to get their boards working for more than a year...many others have had it arrive broken or stop working after a few months. So when you buy Katsukity you're making an expensive gamble: yes they're in stock, but how long will it work properly before you have to send it in and pay for repairs (or outright have to buy another board)?

Loopy/Merki on the other hand have consistent reviews across various places on the internet. Many have reported his board consistently lasting 2+ years. So which would I rather pay? $200-$400 on a product that will last 2+ years, or gamble $500+ on a product that might last more than six months? For those with active and large YouTube channels clearly Katsukity is the only option, and therefore automatically the best option for the time being.

However there's a large line for Loopy's work for a reason. His boards are made with quality, meant to last, and repairs (for the time being) are free so long as the capture board sent in is one of his models. So yes, good on you for your board lasting as it's supposed to do (honestly mean that), however don't diss Loopy for actually caring about quality control.

Pezonden

Post by Pezonden » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:34 pm

Yeah dude super bad form.