Disappointed and Frustrated

InexpensiveGamer

Disappointed and Frustrated

Post by InexpensiveGamer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Well, what can I say. I have been pretty happy with the service provided by Loopy minus the lack of communication. Now, that the capture boards are sold out (with no indication ANYWHERE on the site until you go through 2 steps on Paypal), I am now frustrated and honestly disappointed. Here's my reasoning.

I sent an email to Loopy on August 18, 2016 praising his work and had an inquiry about shipping as Canada Post was voting to strike on August 25, 2016. The email is below.

Hey Loopy,

Hope all is not too busy on your end. I have one of your cards installed in a 3DS and I am ordering a second once the 3DS comes in. Everyone asks me where you can get a 3DS capture and will always recommend you! Had a quick inquiry in regards to shipping. Canada Post is voting on a strike on Aug 25, 2016 and I wanted to avoid using it all together if possible. Is there any way to ship it back via UPS? I am totally willing to send extra to cover the difference and maybe even just send you a return shipping label if need be! If this isn't possible, then I have to take my chances and pray they don't go on strike. Let me know!

Cheers,
Ruu, the Inexpensive Gamer

To this day, I have yet to receive an email from Loopy regarding anything. It could have been "Sold out. Sorry." "No, chance it." or "Sure." Over 1 month I waited for a response before sending out the 3DS. I know someone will ask why I didn't send out the 3DS after the vote on Aug 25? Because I wanted to hear from Loopy and didn't want to cause confusion.

There is nothing that can be done. No more old 3DS boards. No news on N3DSXL.

MrPerson0

Re: Disappointed and Frustrated

Post by MrPerson0 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:19 pm

You had over four months to purchase a capture board. If you didn't have any money saved up for that moment, then there's not much I can say. You should have been able to tell that loopy is a very busy man and barely has any time to reply to emails with all the installs he is doing plus having his main job (as far as we know, he didn't actually stop working). I can guarantee that anyone who is waiting for a New 3DS XL capture board installation has $200+ sitting in their PayPal account just waiting for the news from loopy. Everyone's been patiently waiting for over two years, so waiting a little bit longer is not going to hurt them.

InexpensiveGamer

Post by InexpensiveGamer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:22 pm

MrPerson0 wrote:You had over four months to purchase a capture board. If you didn't have any money saved up for that moment, then there's not much I can say. You should have been able to tell that loopy is a very busy man and barely has any time to reply to emails with all the installs he is doing plus having his main job (as far as we know, he didn't actually stop working). I can guarantee that anyone who is waiting for a New 3DS XL capture board installation has $200+ sitting in their PayPal account just waiting for the news from loopy. Everyone's been patiently waiting for over two years, so waiting a little bit longer is not going to hurt them.
Money was never the issue. The post clearly states the issue was shipping. Canada Post was going on strike. I couldn't do anything. I purchased a capture board for my wife in June. I needed to get another one for myself.

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:04 am

If you didn't buy one, then that's your fault dude. I bought one two weeks ago no problem!