Nintendo Switch

MrPerson0

Nintendo Switch

Post by MrPerson0 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

Seeing that the big news for Nintendo's new console is out, it seems that they are going back to using cartridges. Think it will accept DS and 3DS carts, and if so, will allow for easy playing/recording on the big screen?

Mush1392

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Mush1392 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:08 pm

If that's the case, the fact that it accepts the 3ds carts, what will be the future of the capture cards? people would just by the capture units instead.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:09 pm

I doubt the Switch will support 3DS games. How can you incorporate the bottom touch screen? Using the screen tablet? But what if you're playing it on TV? I don't see it working out so well.

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:18 pm

Nyaako wrote:I doubt the Switch will support 3DS games. How can you incorporate the bottom touch screen? Using the screen tablet? But what if you're playing it on TV? I don't see it working out so well.
Literally the same as how the DS Virtual Console works for Wii U. Only allow tablet + left and right controllers to be used when playing a DS or 3DS game.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:42 pm

MrPerson0 wrote:
Nyaako wrote:I doubt the Switch will support 3DS games. How can you incorporate the bottom touch screen? Using the screen tablet? But what if you're playing it on TV? I don't see it working out so well.
Literally the same as how the DS Virtual Console works for Wii U. Only allow tablet + left and right controllers to be used when playing a DS or 3DS game.
We can only speculate. I doubt it will have backwards compatibility with 3DS games since the 3DS is still going on strong and will still stay alive for the next few years. I can probably see a Virtual Console like you said where they create an official 3DS emulator on the Switch and put 3DS roms in them once the production of the 3DS stops. Of course, that's only if the Switch is powerful enough to emulate a 3DS/New3DS.

ArkeaptiX

Post by ArkeaptiX » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Big N has confirmed that 3ds cards (and Wii U games :v) will not be playable on the Nintendo Switch, sorry :/
source : http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/ninte ... tery-life/

MrPerson0

Post by MrPerson0 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:00 pm

ArkeaptiX wrote:Big N has confirmed that 3ds cards (and Wii U games :v) will not be playable on the Nintendo Switch, sorry :/
source : http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/ninte ... tery-life/
Well, that is disappointing, especially with the console being rumored to have a touchscreen.