Audio static when using software

hacksawhill

Audio static when using software

Post by hacksawhill » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:52 pm

I recently got my modded new 3DS XL, and the audio is recording fine if I don't have the video software up that comes with it, the software I was told to download with this purchase. As soon as I start the new3DS_view software, there is a loud static noise in the background. Lowering the volume does nothing, it stays there even if you can't hear the game audio. Any idea what it could be?

desocietas

Re: Audio static when using software

Post by desocietas » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:47 pm

hacksawhill wrote:I recently got my modded new 3DS XL, and the audio is recording fine if I don't have the video software up that comes with it, the software I was told to download with this purchase. As soon as I start the new3DS_view software, there is a loud static noise in the background. Lowering the volume does nothing, it stays there even if you can't hear the game audio. Any idea what it could be?
I assume this is with a Katsukity board, right? There might be people here who can help you, but this forum is normally for those with Loopy's capture boards.

hacksawhill

Post by hacksawhill » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:00 am

Yes, sorry I saw there were problems being discussed on here for capture card mods and I assumed it was similar. But yes it is Katsukity.

triple_lei

Post by triple_lei » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:03 am

The answer is similar: ground loop isolator. Should be about $10 shipped.

hacksawhill

Post by hacksawhill » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:08 am

Oh! Thank you so much!

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:21 am

Wait, Katsukity's New3DS XL Capture Card should have USB audio. I used to own one before it broke and the audio through USB works fine.

hacksawhill

Post by hacksawhill » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:33 am

Thats what I've heard, but it isn't coming out on mine, the only way I found it works is through the headset port on my laptop. If there is a way to get the video AND audio to come out through the usb, I haven't figured it out yet. And I've searched for a couple hours on it also. Nobody seems to be having a problem with it besides me, lol.

Nyaako

Post by Nyaako » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:44 am

hacksawhill wrote:Thats what I've heard, but it isn't coming out on mine, the only way I found it works is through the headset port on my laptop. If there is a way to get the video AND audio to come out through the usb, I haven't figured it out yet. And I've searched for a couple hours on it also. Nobody seems to be having a problem with it besides me, lol.
Yes, you can get video AND audio out through USB. You have to look at the settings of the viewer and enable the USB audio.