Question about the Original DS capture

lumberbaron

Question about the Original DS capture

Post by lumberbaron » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:29 pm

Looking to get a N3DS capture kit, but I recently attempted to buy a pre-installed one on an old DS. I am guessing that those are sold out for awhile with no plans to restock? Any info would be helpful.

pezoneden

Re: Question about the Original DS capture

Post by pezoneden » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:28 am

Correct. He is now working towards the 3dsxl and the new3ds/xl boards. He stated that the 3dsxl ones would be coming first. Im pretty sure he will not be going backwards and doing more 3ds boards. So I doubt those will be instock ever again. You never know though..
Last edited by pezoneden on Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:16 am

He's still doing regular DS installations if you're interested in it, but you have to provide your own DS. He doesn't provide pre-installed ones anymore because it took too much time trying to track down pre-owned consoles to mod. You'll need the original "phat" model - pretty easy to come by and inexpensive. I probably spent about $25 on one, sent it in, and had a modded DS ready for streaming GBA and DS games for about $100. Good deal, imo.

Good luck!

FYI, he hasn't done any N3DS mods yet. He's currently working on XL and will have N3DSXL following that. Hopefully regular sized N3DS shortly after those.

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:01 am

Is Loopy still making capture boards for the old 3DS? If I send my 3DS to him would he be able to install one?

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:09 am

Guest wrote:Is Loopy still making capture boards for the old 3DS? If I send my 3DS to him would he be able to install one?
He's not installing them right now. The OP was about the original DS, not the 3DS. At the moment, he's working on the boards for the 3DSXL and N3DSXL but does not have a date yet for when those will be available to purchase. Not sure if he'll still be selling his boards for the original 3DS during those sales.