3dscapture.com

Support Forum
It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:52 am 

Hi!

I can't currently use this board at home, and most likely many people in Germany can't. See this picture for the error. Error
What seems to be happening: Spamhaus, apparently a provider for blacklists as spam protection, currently lists all e-mail traffic from telefonica, one of the big ISPs in germany, as not trustworthy. For this reason I can't post anything using my phone/mobile internet. At home, I'm apparently blocked because my IP doesn't have a known email provider. Which is to be expected, cause I don't have an email server running in my network.
Regardless of the reason spamhaus gives for blocking my access: This is a false positive. My addresses should not be blocked for anything but server-to-server-mail-transfer. For reference: The addresses are listed in the PBL, according to spamhaus, which is only meant for use by email servers.

I don't know if this anti-spam policy has been used for a long time and if this is just a temporary problem or if new anti-spam software has been installed to the board and is not yet configured very well, but this is very inconvenient. I can't post to this board using a VPN to my uni, but that's annoying and probably not a possible solution for other users who have the same problem.

Loopy, can you have a look at this problem? I can provide you with more information, if you need that, but I didn't want to make my IP public.

Report this post
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:49 pm 

Same thing happened to me when I wanted to change my password after resetting it:
Quote:
The e-mail domain yahoo.com you have used for your e-mail address has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://www.ahbl.org/lktool?lookup=yahoo.com.
The e-mail domain yahoo.com you have used for your e-mail address has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see http://dnsbl.otello.ch?yahoo.com.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.

I've been able to change my password before, I'm pretty sure, and have had my account for years now. I ran into the error for the first time a few months ago.

Report this post