Mac version?

poketon96

Re: Mac version?

Post by poketon96 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Working good so far for me. Just upgraded my RAM to 8GB before I tried it out. Just needed to press the play button so it could appear.

UPDATE: Well it works for me, but I'm not sure if you have the audio feature implemented yet since I tried it out and couldn't get the audio and yes, I did change the audio port to input: http://i.imgur.com/rexmO6o.png
Also found some other problems that I thought I'd let you know about. There's like a 50% chance that when you stop recording it says it could not be finalized because the destination is not verified. I had it set to my desktop. I don't know if you want me to update this post with problems I found to help you out or would you like them as a message?

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Funny, I did the same thing, and it didn't work for me.
So far:
iMac with OS X Mavericks (10.9): Not working.
Mac Mini with OS X Lion (10.7): Not working.
??? with OS X Mountain Lion (10.8): Working.

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:58 pm

poketon96 wrote:Working good so far for me.
That is a good thing. I am glad someone got it working...

To be honest, I do not know why it is not working for loopy and MKGirlism. I tested on my old MacBook (1GB of RAM) as well with 10.7 and it works perfectly. I cannot say anything about 10.9 though. At this time I don't know whether it is caused by it not being able to connect to the capture device or that it simply does not draw it. It should be able to draw it though. My guess is a dependency for the usb connection (for which I use libusb), although the application includes all the frameworks it needs. It should also output an error if libusb could not be used.

For now I will finish the things that I wanted to do, then at least poketon96 can use it... I will include some debug collection in the next version to see what causes this. It is a bit weird though, because on both of my macs it works perfectly fine.
poketon96 wrote:I don't know if you want me to update this post with problems I found to help you out or would you like them as a message?
A message would be better. I am aware of all the errors, expect for the one mentioned above. So it does not really help if you are evaluating my alfa version. That is why it is an alfa. I just wanted to reassure people that work is still ongoing...

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 pm

Actually, the USB does get recognised for me, it just doesn't draw anything.
I've also tried clicking "Play", and I've got an error saying it can't connect to a USB device.
While plugged in, the error doesn't appear.

Also, it's called "Alpha", not "Alfa".

But since you're Dutch, I can understand you're confused by the Spelling.

Mooty

Post by Mooty » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:04 pm

Works great visually, records fine, havent tried audio :) Thanks!

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:52 pm

poketon96 wrote:Just needed to press the play button so it could appear.
OH. duhhh... yeah, it works now :oops:

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:54 am

Not sure if this is a priority, but on the recording the colors seem a bit dull and even on the highest quality, it looks like it could be better.

Pelon1071

Post by Pelon1071 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:16 am

Smooch wrote:Mac OS X 10.7 is required, as the application uses the new 64-bits AVFoundation. It is tested on 10.7 and 10.8. I don't even know how it will react on older systems (probably won't run).
Yea I tried to open the app on my mac and got the error, "You can't use this version of the application DualCapture with this version of Mac OS X."
Cheese

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:48 am

It should be fixed for 10.9 as well, as all my Macs currently run on 10.9, and there is no way back.
I could give Smooch a copy of 10.9, but it's a Mac App Store Redeem Code, which only works on the Apple ID, which Apple has assigned to.

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:45 am

MKGirlism wrote: Also, it's called "Alpha", not "Alfa".

But since you're Dutch, I can understand you're confused by the Spelling.
My god, the criticism...
I expected people to be happy with all the hard work I put into it, but all I hear from you are complaints and doubt of my capabilities and eye infection.
I named it "alfa" on purpose, I know it is spelled "alpha" in English. Let me stress again, it is an "alfa" version, nowhere near a release candidate. How did you even know I am Dutch?

loopy wrote:OH. duhhh... yeah, it works now :oops:
Nice!

That means that MKGirlism is the only one who has problems. At least that narrows it down.
That said, the message of the disconnected usb device should appear when it is not connected (obviously). When you get a black screen without error it means that either no correct frames are being received (100% frame drop). This happens for instance when the lid of the device is closed. Another reason is that the capture device itself sends a black screen. Do you have a different version or firmware perhaps, or maybe a faulty device?