Mac version?

Smooch

Re: Mac version?

Post by Smooch » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:12 pm

Moved to: this thread.
Last edited by Smooch on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:42 pm

Am I still safe here? Or am I flagged as a douchebag forever, for reporting something to not work?

Anyway, I found out where the problem was, and it was because I didn't have LibUSB installed, apparently.
I installed it from the Tarball, and it worked.

Don't worry about this problem, that's not related to your App, it's related to the Firmware, which came with Loopy's 2.10 Beta App, and I can't downgrade this Firmware anymore, as the final one didn't came with one.
(It was that 3D Beta, remember?)

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:50 pm

MKGirlism wrote:, I found out where the problem was, and it was because I didn't have LibUSB installed, apparently.
(It was that 3D Beta, remember?)
Curious, as that is included in the application so you wouldn't be required to do so.
MKGirlism wrote:Don't worry about this problem, that's not related to your App, it's related to the Firmware, which came with Loopy's 2.10 Beta App, and I can't downgrade this Firmware anymore, as the final one didn't came with one. (It was that 3D Beta, remember?)
I figured. That reminds me, for those who are wondering whether USB audio support will be included: that will require a firmware update. Loopy gave me instructions for the original firmware of the device, so I cannot provide support for that at the moment.

I should be able to support both the original and the new beta, but then I need to fetch the firmware version somehow and I don't know if that's possible. I would need further instructions from loopy for that.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:30 pm

It's strange, I know that.
But same happened with Windows, when I went to School.
I had Windows 8 installed, and Math classes were purely Windows 7 based, so I couldn't run a couple of Source Code examples provided during Math classes (Visual Studio 2010, in case you're wondering).

So perhaps OS X 10.9 faces the same problems?

spyroskingdom

Post by spyroskingdom » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:18 am

Augh, my Macbook Air (and a lot of other Mac models lately) has a combined headphone/ mic jack and it doesn't support line-in. The only way around this is to buy a $20-$30 adapter which I can't buy.. Do you think you could tell loopy if he could get right onto that firmware update? Thanks again for all of this!

poketon96

Post by poketon96 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:26 am

spyroskingdom wrote:Augh, my Macbook Air (and a lot of other Mac models lately) has a combined headphone/ mic jack and it doesn't support line-in. The only way around this is to buy a $20-$30 adapter which I can't buy.. Do you think you could tell loopy if he could get right onto that firmware update? Thanks again for all of this!
He gets that question probably everyday so I don't think so :P

Joeyboy

Post by Joeyboy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:30 am

Wow really awesome job Loopy! Glad to see a Mac beta up and running :D I'm currently putting money aside to buy the capture card in the near future so I thought I'd ask a few more questions.

Is there a certain version of the Mac OS that I should have in order to use the App?

What is this about an adapter needed for audio due to the mic and headphone jack being the same(I'm using a Macbook Pro)

Where can I find out if my computer is "good enough" to run this without losing frame rate.

Is there a certain recording program I need to use with this? (I currently use Camtasia)

Thanks a lot, and seriously awesome job! Sorry for all the questions, I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to recording, plus I wanna be sure I can use the product before I spend money on it ;)

DeeKayHT

Post by DeeKayHT » Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:50 am

Awesome stuff Smooch. Looks like we got the go ahead to make this open-source if you want to. I'll make a new thread so we can focus on discussing it there.

Pelon1071

Post by Pelon1071 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:07 am

Joeyboy wrote:Is there a certain version of the Mac OS that I should have in order to use the App?
OS X 10.7 or newer
Joeyboy wrote:What is this about an adapter needed for audio due to the mic and headphone jack being the same(I'm using a Macbook Pro)
Some MacBooks(I believe the 13-inch?)have the Line-in and headphone plug in the same plug.
Joeyboy wrote:Where can I find out if my computer is "good enough" to run this without losing frame rate.
I think if it has a multi-core system you should be fine.
Joeyboy wrote:Is there a certain recording program I need to use with this? (I currently use Camtasia)
The app can record video.
Last edited by Pelon1071 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:11 am

I just wanted to suggest Smooch to create a new Thread, so he can Update his TS on every new Update, and so we don't need to click through the entire Forum, for one App Download.

Also, Loopy and Smooch, I can mirror your downloads on my Drive Server, so all revisions and Versions can be exposed in one place and under one URL.
Besides, the Server is as well editable from Explorer and Finder (a bit like Dropbox, basically).
Just tell me if you want this or not, then I can enable you both for it.

Oh, and Pelon, you could disappoint him for saying "10.7".
I would rather say, "10.7 or newer".