Here's to hope this one doesn't crash :P

Luckoftheirish

Re: Here's to hope this one doesn't crash :P

Post by Luckoftheirish » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:38 pm

loopy wrote:Probably some time next week.
Fantastic, looking forward to placing my order!

puddizzle

Post by puddizzle » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Would those of us who placed an order previously via email but didn't get the product before you started selling on eBay have to re-place an order, say, at a higher price?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm

It will probably go back to the original price. Yes, you'll have to place an order. I'll try to go through them in the same order that I would have before.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm

loopy wrote:It will probably go back to the original price. Yes, you'll have to place an order. I'll try to go through them in the same order that I would have before.
This might sound silly, though when placing an order through an email to you, am I literally just sending a message saying "hey I would like this capture card, when do we start the ordering process, etc"

And would that literally be it?

mixt

Post by mixt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:42 pm

OrbitalMike wrote:
loopy wrote:It will probably go back to the original price. Yes, you'll have to place an order. I'll try to go through them in the same order that I would have before.
This might sound silly, though when placing an order through an email to you, am I literally just sending a message saying "hey I would like this capture card, when do we start the ordering process, etc"

And would that literally be it?
It was originally more-or-less that, but you don't need to worry about it. While being done through Ebay, or later the e-shop, the queue will be handled electronically. No emailing necessary.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:54 pm

Nope, emailing me and asking "Can I get a board?" does not constitute an order. Unless money changed hands, you didn't order anything. So, everyone emailing me saying "HEY DUDE I WROTE YOU A MONTH AGO WHEN ARE YOU GONNA ??@asdfasdfljkl...", I've got news for you.

For a while I tried to honor email requests in the order I got them (except for a few rare cases) but coordinating orders that way was too much hassle. Since I started selling stuff on eBay, I haven't been going through my "list" anymore. Some people still seem confused about that. If I said you were #40 or whatever two weeks ago, you're still #40 today.

I'm not going to do orders directly through email anymore. It's inefficient, it's a pain in the ass, it's not a professional way to run things. eBay sucks. Half the winning bids have been from jokers who bid up the price and disappear. Fees eat up a big chunk of profits. Everyone is upset at the outrageous prices. I get it.

Making a proper e-commerce site (with shopping cart, registration, order forms, all that jazz) might take longer because I'm new at this and don't know what I'm doing. I can set up a quick & dirty order page with "Buy now" buttons like I did for my DS boards. There won't be a fair, orderly way of distributing boards though. I'd add stock as often as I can handle orders and you'll just have to get lucky and nab one before someone else does. I'm sure people will complain about that too, but what can you do...

Luckoftheirish

Post by Luckoftheirish » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:14 pm

loopy wrote:Nope, emailing me and asking "Can I get a board?" does not constitute an order. Unless money changed hands, you didn't order anything. So, everyone emailing me saying "HEY DUDE I WROTE YOU A MONTH AGO WHEN ARE YOU GONNA ??@asdfasdfljkl...", I've got news for you.

For a while I tried to honor email requests in the order I got them (except for a few rare cases) but coordinating orders that way was too much hassle. Since I started selling stuff on eBay, I haven't been going through my "list" anymore. Some people still seem confused about that. If I said you were #40 or whatever two weeks ago, you're still #40 today.

I'm not going to do orders directly through email anymore. It's inefficient, it's a pain in the ass, it's not a professional way to run things. eBay sucks. Half the winning bids have been from jokers who bid up the price and disappear. Fees eat up a big chunk of profits. Everyone is upset at the outrageous prices. I get it.

Making a proper e-commerce site (with shopping cart, registration, order forms, all that jazz) might take longer because I'm new at this and don't know what I'm doing. I can set up a quick & dirty order page with "Buy now" buttons like I did for my DS boards. There won't be a fair, orderly way of distributing boards though. I'd add stock as often as I can handle orders and you'll just have to get lucky and nab one before someone else does. I'm sure people will complain about that too, but what can you do...
So it is just a matter of waiting for this 'Buy it now' site then?

someonewhodied

Post by someonewhodied » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:17 am

so is there a specific way for us to format e-mail orders when you start taking them again?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:36 am

Luckoftheirish wrote:So it is just a matter of waiting for this 'Buy it now' site then?
Yep, pretty much.
It should be up tomorrow. Er, maybe. Probably.

Luckoftheirish

Post by Luckoftheirish » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:52 am

loopy wrote:
Luckoftheirish wrote:So it is just a matter of waiting for this 'Buy it now' site then?
Yep, pretty much.
It should be up tomorrow. Er, maybe. Probably.
Great, thank you. :) Looking forward to it.