The site?

OrbitalMike

The site?

Post by OrbitalMike » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Friendly neighborhood Cyberman65 posted this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHZ-NyusxKk

Along with a link to 2 sites involving the capture card, one which seems to be the shop.

My only problem so far is that it doesn't seem to explain anything about sending our own 3DS to have the capture card applied - http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product/20

Also I'm slightly sure that a mini usb cable - http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product/18
And a small AC adapter which is already on another section of the same site - http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product/19

Wouldn't cost nearly hundreds of dollars unless that's some sort of mistake.

But basically I'm still confused since I would like to purchase this soon but unsure as to whether it will just send me the components or tell me about sending my 3DS, since me installing this is a bit...well not a good idea.

ShadowMario3

Re: The site?

Post by ShadowMario3 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 pm

The one with the order site is actually another person who is making the 3DS capture card, who is Katsukity. Loopy doesn't have his site up yet.

grimreaper

Post by grimreaper » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 pm

I'm a little cautious about that site. Would be better if you could just send in your 3ds to be assembled instead. I sent Katsukity an email if that was possible or not and still waiting for a reply. I sent it today this morning. I'll let you know what Katsukity says if he responds. He is asking for $580 wow! Purchase another 3ds with build in capture plus an extra $62.50 or more depending on shipping speed. It's nice that you can connect it to a tv though which is what I'm looking for. I really shouldn't have to buy another 3ds for the assembly. That is ridiculous! It would be best to just stick with loopy. Who knows how many people are on the waiting list. I want one as badly as you do but eventually we'll get ours.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:43 pm

Alright then thanks for the clarification, I was a bit confused since Cyber linked both sites. I'll just wait for Loopy to do what he's doing.

Cyberman65

Post by Cyberman65 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:48 pm

Haha, see that is my video. :D

When I made my purchase for the install kits for my 3DS', there is a little box before you make the payment where you would tell him that you would like to ship your 3DS off to him so he can install it instead of him just shipping off the install kit to you. The address that you would ship it to is located on this page or the email that you receive from the payment. After my 3DS arrived at his shop, it only took 2 days to finish it and ship it back. Then it took 3 more days to get back.

But, once you get it back, you will get just the USB video cable and your 3DS. You do not need to buy the mini usb cable and AC adaptor separate. He also will give you a link to the capture software, or you can use Loopy's capture program. They're basically the same as I've used them both.

verus

Post by verus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:01 pm

Cyberman65 wrote:Haha, see that is my video. :D

When I made my purchase for the install kits for my 3DS', there is a little box before you make the payment where you would tell him that you would like to ship your 3DS off to him so he can install it instead of him just shipping off the install kit to you. The address that you would ship it to is located on this page or the email that you receive from the payment. After my 3DS arrived at his shop, it only took 2 days to finish it and ship it back. Then it took 3 more days to get back.

But, once you get it back, you will get just the USB video cable and your 3DS. You do not need to buy the mini usb cable and AC adaptor separate. He also will give you a link to the capture software, or you can use Loopy's capture program. They're basically the same as I've used them both.
Then I assume that this [ http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product/17 ] is with a 3DS purchased?

Cyberman65

Post by Cyberman65 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:03 pm

verus wrote:

Then I assume that this [ http://www.3dsvideocapture.com/product/17 ] is with a 3DS purchased?
Yep, that is correct. There's one available for each region (US, EUR, JPN)

verus

Post by verus » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Appreciate the quick response. Been wanting to start streaming j3DS with a capture card that works.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:40 pm

I am a little confused by Katsukity's operation myself. He is reselling my boards, it's the same thing. BUT he also sells another kind (new Chameleon board for the 3DS, developed independently from mine). In the product description it says:
This equipment is assembled referring to the idea of Mr. LOOPY and cameleon team.
I had nothing to do with the Chameleon board. Maybe he sells whichever is in stock?
Also:
- Mini USB Connector
- Cameron USB FX SPA3
No idea what a Cameron (chameleon maybe?) USB FX SPA3 is. The chameleon board is mini USB and mine is micro USB. :? :? I dunno.

OrbitalMike

Post by OrbitalMike » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:58 am

Thanks Cyber! I see loopy opened up his ordering section so now I need to pick up the pace and start buying.