Sooooo.....

loopy
Site Admin

Sooooo.....

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:27 pm

It's been brought to my attention that prices for resold capture cards have gotten absurd, like $1000+ in some cases. And that's just ... unacceptable. Ive been sitting on a prototype board I built up months ago but never did anything with. The design hasn't been proven out yet, so I need to do some testing on it first and see if it even works. I should be able to get that done fairly soon, I'll post an update at the end of the week and let you know how it's going. If I don't, message me and be an annoying jerk about it :lol:

Don't get too excited yet, this is probably my 10th "I'm working on it" post over ??? years as some of you know, if you've been around for a while. So try to hold off on the !!??ZOMG IT'S HAPPENING??#@ posts for now.

pezoneden

Re: Sooooo.....

Post by pezoneden » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Is this an update on the old 3ds xl boards. Or is the prototype for the new 3ds/xl??

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm

New 3ds(xl / 2ds)

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:43 pm

Oh nice. I will definitely swoop one of those up, if you do get around to it. Quick question.. (Annoying Jerk Voice): Are you still planning on releasing the old 3ds xl boards? I only ask because I still have an unopened one that I got when someone posted the picture of a bunch of them in a box :)

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Don't count on it. I won't say NEVER, but ... it's pretty low priority.

pezoneden

Post by pezoneden » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:26 pm

Understood. Thanks for the update ;)

Roxas1359

Post by Roxas1359 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Yeah I've noticed how crazy the board prices have been since no one makes them pretty much anymore. I've got one of each board, but it seems that Windows 10's 1903 update messed with the audio for the other board, but yours still works perfectly fine on Update 1903. Really glad I have been keeping it for all these years. Would definitely buy a New 2DS/3DS one from ya but I understand it's a low priority.

Edit: Turns out it wasn't 1903, but it was a Windows Update specifically the latest one, KB4515384, will cause Katsukity cards to become unable to record as it cuts out the feed every 3 seconds. Uninstall that update and the cards, both Loopy and Katsukity, will work. Only updating this since I doubt no one else will be able to post a solution.
If I'm posting, it must mean I'm either a) procrastinating on schoolwork, or b) procrastinating on recording.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:12 pm

Are you going with the test point method or the intercept the ffc to the lcd panel method?

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:18 pm

Roxas1359 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:54 pm
Yeah I've noticed how crazy the board prices have been since no one makes them pretty much anymore. I've got one of each board, but it seems that Windows 10's 1903 update messed with the audio for the other board, but yours still works perfectly fine on Update 1903. Really glad I have been keeping it for all these years. Would definitely buy a New 2DS/3DS one from ya but I understand it's a low priority.

Edit: Turns out it wasn't 1903, but it was a Windows Update specifically the latest one, KB4515384, will cause Katsukity cards to become unable to record as it cuts out the feed every 3 seconds. Uninstall that update and the cards, both Loopy and Katsukity, will work. Only updating this since I doubt no one else will be able to post a solution.
Just build a computer dedicated to capturing and never change the updates to it ever again! How did you narrow it down to that specific update?

I've got both too. I just soldered wires to add the controller mod onto one of them. Didn't attach it to the controller mod yet though. I wish I could do the new 3ds xl one as well, but the loopy controller mod is not fully compatible and I did some research on the new 3ds c-stick and I know how it works, but it would require some work that I'm not familiar with to controller mod it. And the test points are so small. Maybe the new 2ds xl would be easier? The board looks a lot simpler.

montejeu

Post by montejeu » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:21 pm

I wonder if there is some way to make it so instead of usb it can wireless transfer the data so no more broken usb ports. Might add to cost and the board size, but would be worth looking into? I bought these usb mag safe like cables so if it gets yanked it would just unlatch. But I'm not really someone who would yank a cable unexpectedly. But I know people do it.