European distributor - www.merki.net

BladeCrossEXE

Re: European distributor - www.merki.net

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:56 am

Just bought my *New* 3DS XL off of ebay! Now to wait for the pre-sale to get the capture card installed. Can't wait!

Ruppy

Post by Ruppy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:45 am

So... I'm not very good at reviewing things, to be honest. But I will post and add my piece anyway.

I ordered a capture card for my 3DS and sent it to Merki to be installed (I live in the U.S. and Loopy just posted that he had boards in stock and was installing again literally an hour after I got back from the post office, lol). Considering I've had quite a bit of experience with international shipping before, I wasn't expecting to see it again until roughly around the end of the month. Instead it was maybe about a week and a half before it was sitting on my front porch, and going off the e-mail times when I was told Merki received it, it only took him about five hours to actually get the board installed and on its way back.

Not only am I impressed with how quickly this was done, but being able to actually start recording from my 3DS now... I am just amazed beyond words at how smooth everything is. It all works extremely well with no issues (which at least makes it a little better as a capture card so far than the Elgato I have for all my other consoles, which has a few issues every now and then). I'm still working out a recording setup for how I want to go about capturing the footage so I can then edit and start uploading to YouTube, but I've never been this excited to actually get started recording.

Thank you Loopy for making an amazing board, and thank you especially to Merki for great communication and a quick but very efficient installation process. And thanks for the small pack of Haribo gummi bears that was in my package too. XD

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:03 am

My *New* 3DS came in!
Too bad it's not an IPS Screen. :/

So, when he installs the capture board, will it affect the system settings at all? Will my saves be safe? And do I need to send my SD card with the system or no?

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:26 am

Hi

You do not have to worry, the 3DS Capture Card is working parallel, it does not effect the 3DS in any way :)
Your SD/micro SD card you can keep, but you can also leave it in there, I never lost one...
Your saves are save, as I do not touch them or alter in any way :mrgreen:
Greetings
Stefan

BladeCrossEXE

Post by BladeCrossEXE » Thu May 05, 2016 11:29 pm

I'm sure this question has been answered elsewhere, but when the presale starts, how much will it cost in USD?

Tecd0c

Post by Tecd0c » Fri May 06, 2016 12:08 am

I really do not know, as the exchange rate changes every day, plus it depends what service you use to do the conversion.

But if you are from the US then there is no need to buy in Europe, Neal is offering them too by that time :)

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:51 am

Tecd0c wrote:But if you are from the US then there is no need to buy in Europe, Neal is offering them too by that time :)
Huh, so is this basically a confirmation for us in the US? Guess it makes sense, since loopy would have to have his own for selling before he sends you his.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Fri May 06, 2016 1:08 am

ShadowMario3 wrote:
Tecd0c wrote:But if you are from the US then there is no need to buy in Europe, Neal is offering them too by that time :)
Huh, so is this basically a confirmation for us in the US? Guess it makes sense, since loopy would have to have his own for selling before he sends you his.

Tecd0c had confirmed in March or so that he and Loopy will both have stock this summer. We're just waiting for them to go on sale at this point.

ShadowMario3

Post by ShadowMario3 » Fri May 06, 2016 3:13 am

desocietas wrote:Tecd0c had confirmed in March or so that he and Loopy will both have stock this summer. We're just waiting for them to go on sale at this point.
Guess I missed the post where Tecd0c confirmed that both he and loopy will have stock by that time, because I only recall Tecd0c saying his pre-orders (and normal sales) had to be delayed to end of May. Nonetheless, can't wait if that's the same case with loopy.

Geekha

Post by Geekha » Fri May 20, 2016 4:31 pm

I 3DS capture board and although it broke he was able to repair my retried and it still works the same.