Mac Version

Smooch

Mac Version

Post by Smooch » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 am

:!: Use at your own risk. :!:

:arrow: Download: DualCapture Beta 1

The application relies heavily on multi threading techniques. A decent multi core computer would be recommended to use as frames may be dropped if it is not fast enough.

Note: if you used the alfa, it is very wise to delete the ~/Library/Application Support/DualCapture/ folder.

:arrow: Extra layouts: DualCapture Extra Layouts
(Not included by default as they are rather computationally intensive at the moment.)

Install plugins by dropping them onto the application in the Dock. You can create your own layouts. Just take a peak at the contents of the layout plugins. If you need help with this let me know. Please also show me layouts you created if you did.

:arrow: No warranty:
Even though this application was written with lots of care, it may contain errors. Therefore, this application comes with no warranty at all. The software is provided on an "as is" basis. People related directly or indirectly to the development of this application are not liable for any damages. If you do not agree with these terms, then you are not allowed to make use of this software.

:arrow: Differences compared to alfa version:
-Much more robust and completely new frame queueing system
-Support for game audio
-Playback of game audio when recording
-Support for different frame rates (however, the original frame rate is advised as that requires less finalization steps)

:arrow: Still planned features:
-HUD
-Narrator audio (Some of it is already done, if you want to have narrator audio now, you should use a separate application to do this.)
-Optional playback of audio (also when not recording)

:arrow: Known bugs:
-Glitches when selected second screen as fullscreen while still controlling the window on the first screen
-Audio is sometimes added when it is not finalized (delegate methods)
-Video recording start is not synced with the audio recording (delegate methods) thus may lead to audio syncing problems
-Pause button not enabled after recording
-Video does not finalize for some people

A new version does currently not have a static deadline.

Guest (pH)

Re: Mac Version

Post by Guest (pH) » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:04 pm

This sounds great. Does your software support the old capture card? If not, do you have any plans to support the old one?

Joeyboy

Post by Joeyboy » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:39 pm

Just got my capture card and I've got a mac. I've got all the requirements for my computer that were specified on the last thread but I'm getting a lot of lag on the computer side of things when I begin to record footage.

Also, how exactly do I record the ingame audio? Plus, what application would you recommend I use to record my narration?

OmegaX5000

Post by OmegaX5000 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:02 pm

What hardware versions will it be compatible with? I'm currently using version 10.6.8 and want to be able to use this once it's ready.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:00 pm

Don't you mean, OS Versions?
In that case, OS X 10.7+.
It's running fine-ish on 10.9 here, I thought I explained it in the old Thread how, though.

But at the moment, I can't use it, because of the 3D Firmware on my Capture Cards, which makes the App display my Screens weird.
I repeat, it's not the makers' fault.

Post by Guest » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Yeah, that's what I meant. I guess I'll have to upgrade my computer to 10.7 somehow.

OmegaX5000

Post by OmegaX5000 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:54 pm

^ That was me by the way.

MKGirlism

Post by MKGirlism » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:39 pm

It's called, App Store.
You could Upgrade to 10.8 directly, you know?
Recently, my OS X Partition died, and I had 10.9 installed, but my Recovery was 10.7.
What I did is, I've re-installed 10.7, Upgraded to 10.9 in 1 blast, and no single file was lost.
However, I did lose my Admin privileges, but I solved it via Single User Mode.

Joeyboy

Post by Joeyboy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:13 am

Sorry to harp on this, does anyone know any easy ways to reduce lag. Its not much but when I begin recording footage I get a -just- noticeable framerate drop, wondered if anyone knew any ways I could clean it up.

Minimit

Post by Minimit » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:33 am

Joeyboy wrote:Sorry to harp on this, does anyone know any easy ways to reduce lag. Its not much but when I begin recording footage I get a -just- noticeable framerate drop, wondered if anyone knew any ways I could clean it up.
Make sure you do not have any unnecessary programs running in the background. If your recording onto a almost filled hard drive that will give you some lag; so either try uninstalling unneeded programs or defrag your hard drive that should help with your bit of lag.