Mac Version

Coolfizz

Re: Mac Version

Post by Coolfizz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:34 pm

Yeah, I don't record with the software, but with a different program that will allow me to record my voice. Also, the capture freezes for me sometimes randomly and I have to close and reopen it. Not a huge issue if I notice it right away, but if I don't notice it it can be a problem, because that's potentially 3 or more minutes of footage wasted. Not sure why this happens, but if this could be fixed, that'd be great. Is anyone else having this issue too?

CaptainFalcon19

Post by CaptainFalcon19 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:11 pm

I read most of these comments, and I'm still quite confused. My Katsukity 3DS XL Capture card just came in the mail a few days ago.& as I'm trying to set it up, I encounter the problem that the software isn't working for Macs. I found this thread by searching on Google (3DS Capture Card Mac). So, I am a little confused.. I just want to be able to record and play my 3DS games on my Macbook Pro. Please tell me I did not just waste $500 on something I can't use..

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:39 pm

CaptainFalcon19 wrote:I read most of these comments, and I'm still quite confused. My Katsukity 3DS XL Capture card just came in the mail a few days ago.& as I'm trying to set it up, I encounter the problem that the software isn't working for Macs. I found this thread by searching on Google (3DS Capture Card Mac). So, I am a little confused.. I just want to be able to record and play my 3DS games on my Macbook Pro. Please tell me I did not just waste $500 on something I can't use..
The first issue is that this forum is to support the CCs installed from Loopy's 3dscapture.com not Katsukity's 3dsvideocapture.com. Try their forum at http://nisetorocapture.freeforums.org/

lokistarwind

Post by lokistarwind » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:46 am

One thing I wanted to ask is that what is the frame rate the mac software is streaming 3DS footage at. I am bit curious on that. I know by default it tries to record at 30 so I wanted a clarification on that. Also if adding features is open, then perhaps is it possible for the software to stream at 30 FPS if said software is streaming at 60 FPS.

I know its a bit much, but it would help answer a few questions I had about the software.

profpowerline

Post by profpowerline » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:56 am

Is this software still being upgrade?

If not can anyone help me recored game audio and narration at the same time.
I have both the mac and PC software.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 am

Hello, I downloaded the software before I buy my capture board and cannot seem to get it to work. Do you need to have the device connected to the computer in order for the software to run? If not, how exactly do you go about using the software because I cannot find anything in the files that looKS like a program that I can run.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Is anyone still working on this? Or has anyone found any ways to record the 3DS through the Mac?

ThePokeResort

Post by ThePokeResort » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Smooch wrote::!: Use at your own risk. :!:

:arrow: Download: DualCapture Beta 1

The application relies heavily on multi threading techniques. A decent multi core computer would be recommended to use as frames may be dropped if it is not fast enough.

Note: if you used the alfa, it is very wise to delete the ~/Library/Application Support/DualCapture/ folder.

:arrow: Extra layouts: DualCapture Extra Layouts
(Not included by default as they are rather computationally intensive at the moment.)

Install plugins by dropping them onto the application in the Dock. You can create your own layouts. Just take a peak at the contents of the layout plugins. If you need help with this let me know. Please also show me layouts you created if you did.

:arrow: No warranty:
Even though this application was written with lots of care, it may contain errors. Therefore, this application comes with no warranty at all. The software is provided on an "as is" basis. People related directly or indirectly to the development of this application are not liable for any damages. If you do not agree with these terms, then you are not allowed to make use of this software.

:arrow: Differences compared to alfa version:
-Much more robust and completely new frame queueing system
-Support for game audio
-Playback of game audio when recording
-Support for different frame rates (however, the original frame rate is advised as that requires less finalization steps)

:arrow: Still planned features:
-HUD
-Narrator audio (Some of it is already done, if you want to have narrator audio now, you should use a separate application to do this.)
-Optional playback of audio (also when not recording)

:arrow: Known bugs:
-Glitches when selected second screen as fullscreen while still controlling the window on the first screen
-Audio is sometimes added when it is not finalized (delegate methods)
-Video recording start is not synced with the audio recording (delegate methods) thus may lead to audio syncing problems
-Pause button not enabled after recording
-Video does not finalize for some people

A new version does currently not have a static deadline.
So where is the link for the alpha version?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:42 pm

Old thread here - viewtopic.php?p=3317#p3317
Looks like it's gone.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:00 am

I've been trying to use this software to stream, but whenever I do, the program uses up so much CPU that streaming is utterly impossible. Has anyone else experienced similar problems and if so are there any solutions? At first I thought it was just maybe that my computer was bad but I'm not so sure anymore. The software itself looks fantastic on my end but the stream probably is running at max 5fps.