Mac Version

loopy
Site Admin

Re: Mac Version

Post by loopy » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:58 pm

GoldenFlicky24 wrote:Well, my setup is that my 3DS is connected to the computer normally, and the audio cable connects into the 3DS' headphone jack, which I attach to the noise filter, then to my computer's headphone jack. That fixes the screechy problem, but now i'm not getting any sound coming from my 3DS trying to record.

edit: I tried flipping the setup (connect audio cable to 3DS and noise filter enters my computer), still not getting any sound from the 3DS (although I am getting background sound effects on occasion). That's my main concern here, making sure I can hear that. I want to be able to get sound from the 3DS and narrate simultaneously.

edit 2: If that's not clear, here's a picture of how I have it set up. http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w53 ... 4136ea.jpg
In case you can't see it, the green cable is the sound cable and the black one with the box is the noise filter. Behind my computer is just the cable that I have to connect into my 3DS.
How does it sound without the noise filter? (just an audio cable straight from the 3DS to your computer). You shouldn't get any screeching sound, it's only a mild buzzing noise that the filter removes. If you can hear your 3DS without it, then it may just be a bad filter.

You're sure it's plugged in to the right port on your computer? Do you have the recording volume turned up? The 3DS headphone jack can be very stiff sometimes, make sure the cable is pushed all the way in.

ethan190c

Post by ethan190c » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:59 pm

What type of file would this mac program produce?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:54 pm

ethan190c wrote:What type of file would this mac program produce?
It saves .mp4 files. When I tried it, audio and video were out of sync. Quicktime's screen recording function worked better for me than DualCapture's built in recorder.

Woocci

Post by Woocci » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Haven't gotten my 3DS back since I sent it out on Friday, but I am wondering about streaming on my mac. I plan on getting a PC soon so this is only temporary, but if I am running with FMLE and CamTwist together, will the capture software pop up as a video device in CamTwist, or do I need to manually set it up with it?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:33 pm

I haven't used CamTwist, but I suspect you'll have to set it up manually.

masterjoe116

Post by masterjoe116 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:32 pm

Just wanted to say you guys Rock! I've really love the Mac support for this. I feel like there are a lot of gamers out there that have Macs for various reasons (I'm a graphic designer) and it sucks to be left out sometimes 8(

I plan to get a capture card and stream Smash Bros on the 3DS so this is great. Keep up the good work!

Martialmonki

Post by Martialmonki » Mon May 12, 2014 11:47 pm

I'm having trouble with getting the audio working. Does anyone know how to get this working on mac?

Martialmonki

Post by Martialmonki » Tue May 13, 2014 12:13 pm

I've got the display working & it looks smooth, but when I hit the record button things start to lag a bit. Also I'm having trouble getting any audio from the 3ds or computer. I have the noise filter & everything hooked up to my mac in the headphone jack & as usual the 3ds capture kit is connected from the 3ds to the mac. Could someone please help me. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong!!

Martialmonki

Post by Martialmonki » Tue May 13, 2014 6:45 pm

Ok new problem, I finally got the audio working, but now when I record I get to much lag. This only happens when I start recording, I also tried recording using quicktime & that was no good either. Does anyone know of anything I could do to sort this problem! Thanks in advance :)

Post by Guest » Wed May 14, 2014 12:50 am

I have have same problem with my audio.