Mac Version

lokistarwind

Re: Mac Version

Post by lokistarwind » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:07 am

I will need to find a iso of windows xp 7 or 8. Never owned any other computer. Thanks for the advice.

Edit:
Okay after looking into it carefully, my screen recorder is recording it fine. The software that streams it is the problem. So I guess running it on bootcamp is the way to go. Still need to find an iso and such.

Edit: If people are looking for a good mac based screen recorder that is significantly less taxing then quicktime, the screenflick is the best I seen.

Sorry about all the edits, but I wanted to share this. Aside from removing other taxing processes as mentioned before in this thread I figured out that doing
sudo renice -20 3DS_software_PID
improves the performance as well.

What it does is it puts the 3ds software on top priority on cpu.

It is a sudo command so I am not responsible should something happen. I did it myself and seems there are no problems.

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:19 am

If I would work on the Mac version once more, what would be your wishes in order of importance?

I cannot promise dedication though, even though it is certainly an interesting project to work on. However, I would be more than happy to share the source code with people.

Coolfizz

Post by Coolfizz » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Smooch wrote:If I would work on the Mac version once more, what would be your wishes in order of importance?

I cannot promise dedication though, even though it is certainly an interesting project to work on. However, I would be more than happy to share the source code with people.
Defintitely audio through USB for people who have Macs with only 1 audio input (I've got the Mid-2012 model). If you could, work in a streaming function somehow? That'd be awesome. If you do end up updating it, please post about it here!

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Compatibility with the original DS capture as well!

CAPS

Post by CAPS » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Smooch wrote:If I would work on the Mac version once more, what would be your wishes in order of importance?
Audio via USB would also be my number one feature to be added.
Could you still please post the source code? Thanks!

onthelam

Post by onthelam » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:39 am

Any update would be greatly appreciated. Loopy has said his 3DS XL boards won't be compatible with your previous version of the software, so getting that to work would be number one on the list for me. Thanks!

SabinMoon

Post by SabinMoon » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:05 am

onthelam wrote:
Any update would be greatly appreciated. Loopy has said his 3DS XL boards won't be compatible with your previous version of the software, so getting that to work would be number one on the list for me. Thanks!
I DEFINITELY second this. Audio as well.

lokistarwind

Post by lokistarwind » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:44 am

I would be interested in looking at the source code. I have some programming skills, so it would be worth looking into it. Not making any promises though. You can pm it to me if you want.

Smooch

Post by Smooch » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:28 am

onthelam wrote: Any update would be greatly appreciated. Loopy has said his 3DS XL boards won't be compatible with your previous version of the software, so getting that to work would be number one on the list for me. Thanks!
For that and the audio through USB I would need more information from loopy. I also don't have a 3DS XL capture card, which makes it really hard to test. Unfortunately, I have got way too little time to work on this.

Anyone who sends me a private message politely asking for source code will get so (eventually, after cleanup). Although it is probably best if someone creates a repository where I can commit.

Sorry for the potential disappointment, at least there IS a solid, native Mac version that works. I put a lot of time into it (when I still had loads of spare time), so I would like to see added features as well.

smallfry

Post by smallfry » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:48 am

Im trying to record a video but its not working if i record it for to long help
I had to play the game 3 time and when i was done it failed to finalize it