Black Screen, No Video or Audio.

Foxiify

Black Screen, No Video or Audio.

Post by Foxiify » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:27 pm

I've had my capture card for nearly a year now, and I've had no problems with it until now. But now when I open the software, it's just a blank black screen, as if I opened it while my 3ds was off. It doesn't recognize any video or audio. I thought maybe it was the usb cord just going out, as it had been being a bit finnicky a bit before. So I got a new cord, which worked for one recording session (with some issues, but wiggling the cord fixed it temporarily), and then the same black screen stuff happened again. So I'm thinking maybe it's the usb port on the capture card itself, and not the cord? Can't get any video to show up no matter how many times I unplug/replug. :(

LVNeptune

Re: Black Screen, No Video or Audio.

Post by LVNeptune » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:21 pm

What does it show up as in Device Manager?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:46 pm

Foxiify wrote:So I'm thinking maybe it's the usb port on the capture card itself, and not the cord? Can't get any video to show up no matter how many times I unplug/replug. :(
Probably. Does your computer see it at all? (Do you hear it connect?) If not, it sounds like the USB port is worn out.

Foxiify

Post by Foxiify » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:51 pm

loopy wrote:
Foxiify wrote:So I'm thinking maybe it's the usb port on the capture card itself, and not the cord? Can't get any video to show up no matter how many times I unplug/replug. :(
Probably. Does your computer see it at all? (Do you hear it connect?) If not, it sounds like the USB port is worn out.
Nope, I don't hear it or anything like that. Nothing happens at all.

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:13 pm

Ok. Broken / worn out connector, then. I can replace it if you want to send it back.

Foxiify

Post by Foxiify » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:48 am

loopy wrote:Ok. Broken / worn out connector, then. I can replace it if you want to send it back.

Woops, this is a bit of a late reply, I've been out of the country. I'd love that! How would I go about sending it back?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:29 pm

Send the 3DS back to the same address that's on the order page. Include a note with your name+address and description of the problem.

Neolink1025

Post by Neolink1025 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:48 am

Hi, interesting that i see this right at the top, because I am having the same problem. I just used the capture card last night with no problems, and have never had problems before (I have had mine installed since over a year ago), and today when i went to stream, my computer didn't get a signal. I tried other micro usb cords, and nothing worked. I tried it on my other computer that runs windows 8, which I have used the capture device on before, and when i plugged it in, there was a windows notification at the bottom right saying that the device had "malfunctioned", and no longer is recognized by windows. I'm guessing this may be the same issue. Loopy, would you be willing to look at mine too?

loopy
Site Admin

Post by loopy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 pm

Yes. Sounds like the same problem, I can take a look at it.