How do you Livestream? (Sorry if it's a nooby question)

SergeantSwampert

How do you Livestream? (Sorry if it's a nooby question)

Post by SergeantSwampert » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi I have had the 3ds capture card for a while now and I have been posting videos on YouTube but now I want to take it to the next level. I want to start Live streaming, but the problem is I don't know how. I am only a kid so I am having some issues on how to figure things like this out, and I didn't find any guide on how to do this. I know you guys are thinking how do I not know how to do this and thinking I am a big noob but I would really appreciate if someone were to help me set it up. I am seriously clueless. Please tell me if you need any details that I didn't include and if you can please give me a guide on doing this step by step. I am sorry if this question is really lame, but I seriously need help and I would be really happy if someone were to help me out. Thanks.

P.s I hope this post is supposed to go into Tech Support, sorry if it isn't.

ilyich

Re: How do you Livestream? (Sorry if it's a nooby question)

Post by ilyich » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:18 pm

I just screen capture the software using OBS' window capture.

For example (even though I hate to plug)

I just have two window captures, one for the top screen, one for the bottom. I use a sub-region as I usually have the capture window near maximized so it's not as small for me on-screen. From there it's just getting the other OBS settings suited for you.

So, I was wrong. I googled it to see, and there it is. I have no way of testing it yet, as I'm waiting on a replacement battery to see if that's why I can't power my 3DS on.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:13 pm

You didn't say where you wanted to livestream, but here's a handy guide from Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/broadcast

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:14 pm

desocietas wrote:You didn't say where you wanted to livestream, but here's a handy guide from Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/broadcast
There may also be how-to vids on YouTube to show you how to do it as well. I use Window Capture with my DS capture (non-3DS) and it's worked great without having to go through CLR.

SergeantSwampert

Post by SergeantSwampert » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Ok thanks both of you, I still have some questions. How do you set up your 3ds capture device so that it will open in OBS (Which is what I am using to livestream). I have still have some other questions, but I really need to know this one first.

desocietas

Post by desocietas » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:28 pm

SergeantSwampert wrote:Ok thanks both of you, I still have some questions. How do you set up your 3ds capture device so that it will open in OBS (Which is what I am using to livestream). I have still have some other questions, but I really need to know this one first.
This might be helpful:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1849

You should have Loopy's capture software open as well - OBS won't see anything otherwise.

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Oh thank you so much. All my questions are answered now :]

SergeantSwampert

Post by SergeantSwampert » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:28 pm

Oops sorry that was me as a guest, I accidentally typed all of those D: :

SergeantSwampert

Post by SergeantSwampert » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Ah sorry I still one other problem, I added the global sources for my 3ds but when I click preview stream on OBS it just shows a black screen. How do I fix this.